Re: the code execution cannot proceed vcruntime140.dll was not found

by kyleecopenhaver

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the code execution cannot proceed vcruntime140.dll was not found

★ Novice

I keep getting "the code execution cannot proceed vcruntime140.dll was not found - system error" stopping me from opening origin and or apex. Has anyone else had this issue? if so is there a fix for it? 

Message 1 of 4 (885 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@greekathon If Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) are already installed on your computer, you would probably be better off uninstalling them before proceeding with the following steps. If both are installed, uninstall both. If only one is installed, uninstall it. If neither are installed, proceed with (re)installing them.

Go to https://support.microsoft.com/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. Download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe linked under the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and install them.

Does that resolve the issue?

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (838 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@greekathon If Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) are already installed on your computer, you would probably be better off uninstalling them before proceeding with the following steps. If both are installed, uninstall both. If only one is installed, uninstall it. If neither are installed, proceed with (re)installing them.

Go to https://support.microsoft.com/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. Download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe linked under the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and install them.

Does that resolve the issue?

Message 2 of 4 (839 Views)

★ Novice

@Cantiras  Thank you so much for the help! you made might night! 

Message 3 of 4 (809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. I checked all over the internet and still couldn't find a solution. That was until I found your message. Thank you so much! <3

Message 4 of 4 (733 Views)