Re: the Sims 4 Serial code

by ivrognard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the Sims 4 Serial code

★★★ Newbie

Ive purchased The Sims4 second hand and i cannot install the game because the code has been used before. What can I do to get past this?

Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Leah_1_car sadly, no. Codes are linked to the account where they were redeemed, permanently. In today's gaming, it's recommendable to buy only from the authorized store and not from gray market, ebay or second hand stores. 

For EA, you have a list of authorized retailers here

For quite a few years now, games on Steam, Origin, GOG, uPlay, Epic and so on are linked to an account by redeeming the code from the booklet (retail or authorized digital reseller) or being added directly to the account (if you buy from the respective digital stores). 

Your only option is to try to get your money back from the person/store that sold it to you. You can't hope for any help from EA, as the game was not purchased directly from their store, nor from an authorized reseller. 

I hope that you will manage to get your money back.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)

All Replies

@Leah_1_car sadly, no. Codes are linked to the account where they were redeemed, permanently. In today's gaming, it's recommendable to buy only from the authorized store and not from gray market, ebay or second hand stores. 

For EA, you have a list of authorized retailers here

For quite a few years now, games on Steam, Origin, GOG, uPlay, Epic and so on are linked to an account by redeeming the code from the booklet (retail or authorized digital reseller) or being added directly to the account (if you buy from the respective digital stores). 

Your only option is to try to get your money back from the person/store that sold it to you. You can't hope for any help from EA, as the game was not purchased directly from their store, nor from an authorized reseller. 

I hope that you will manage to get your money back.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)