Re: terrible customer service ea absolutely terrible

by EA_Darko

Original Post

terrible customer service ea absolutely terrible

★★★ Novice

ive been calling about my issue with the rival countdown for weeks now.  after being put on hold for 50 min i was told by one of your lvl2 tech support guys that my case file was beinging sent to lvl3.  he also instructed me (quite rudely) to not call in or email again for at least 2 weeks or my case number would reset to lvl1 customer support.  

i let 3 weeks pass by and nothing was fixed.  i checked my online gaming email a few days ago and i recieve an email (a week after i spoke to the lvl2 guy) saying my case was closed. so i called in again and after being on hold for 30min i reached lvl1 and requested to be sent to lvl2.  after waiting on hold for an additional 1hour and 20 min i finally reached a lvl2 tech support guy.  after he pulled up my case number he informs me that my case was never sent to lvl3.  

once again i continue to get the run around by this company and im sick of it. u people have no respect or value for your customers and if i ever wanted to see a company go bankrupt its ea!!  how can u treat people like that and not even care.  i dont want an apology email or response i just dont want to be treated like this anymore.

Message 1 of 8 (5,311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It doesn't help you, but I got a good one tonight. There are a couple of them. The problem is that 99% of the FAQs here are utter garbage. They give you outdated information, send you to websites that no longer exist, pages that have long since vanished, stickies written by gamers and customers and not support people with all kinds of outlandish ways to fix your issue, ad nauseum. Even the tech I got to work with had to wade through landfills of garbage to find something that worked.

I sat down to play about 4pm. It's 10pm. I have installed 1 game and made it work after losing the hard drive my games were on. There was a CD Key issue at every step. DLCs wouldn't authorize. The CD Key has been used. This... that... something else. The whole idea behind the Origin Client is to keep all that stuff in one place, safe, and secure so if something goes wrong, you hit a button. The buttons I have hit are all on a telephone pad calling for help to get the Origin Client to install the stuff I bought and to apply the CD Keys it is supposed to keep safe. At this rate, my entire weekend will be spent requesting new CD Keys!

Message 2 of 8 (5,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had one guy talk to me for an hour and he couldn't figure out the issue with a refund. So he gave me a 15% off promo code for the purchase and told me he would refund the amount.  I was never refunded and the promo code didn't work. So I contacted them again only to have another guy tell me that I wasn't allowed to have the 15% promo code. Their staff is * ridiculous. After talking to the new person for another 30 minutes who refused to show any empathy for what the previous guy had offered me I just closed the chat.  With the billions of dollars the company makes every year you would think they would have superb customer service for their customer help program.

Steam does a much much better job, This just makes me never want to reserve or purchase anything from EA or Origin ever again.

Message 3 of 8 (4,982 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience, you should have been given the appropriate information promptly. 

From what I can see about the initial purchase and cancelling, as I understand this happened back in August? In this case the money would not have been taken yet, so we have no ability to refund.

Credit Card pre-orders are only billed a few days before launch, though in some cases financial providers might hold the money, to ensure that it's available for when the purchase goes through. If this is the case, and it hasn't been auto-refunded, please contact your bank/payment provider. 

I hate to bounce folks away with a "check with your bank", but in this case that seems like the best way forward, if the money in question is still absent. 

Thanks for the post - if we don't see when things go wrong then it makes it harder to improve - and sorry again for any frustration caused. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (4,972 Views)

★★★ Novice

Right,  I was billed for the games a few days prior but had an issue not being able to pre load. When I talked to one of your staff members he explained I was charged for the game but never received it.  I was almost pleased that I contacted him because after an hour of trying to figure it out he offered me a 15% discount for a future purchase of the same game since he was suppose to refund it. When I tried using the promo card it didn't work at all. So I contacted another staff member about it which seemed to be rude and pretty much told me the other staff member had no idea what they were doing. If you are going to offer something like that for the hassle your customers go through at least stick with it. 15% really isn't much, but enough to cause frustration especially after over an hour of dealing with just trying to get the game to pre load.

Getting told that the promo code isn't valid and there won't be a 15% discount really aggravates me. I think it would aggravate anyone.

Message 5 of 8 (4,966 Views)

★ Novice

I agree with guys, I know now why I could not get any satifaction

Message 6 of 8 (4,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David My EA I'd showing Invalid can anyone help me I am sending emails from last 7 days and they sending emails- do u still need help? Its just need to change my email thats it 2 minute job and its looks like I am sending letters by post and after three days I get reply I just can't believe it this ea company is the worst customer service I ever seen in my 30 years
Message 7 of 8 (2,942 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Baba_1s_Here I'm locking this thread as it is 7 years old.

Can you try resetting your password to see if it helps fix the issue?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,927 Views)