swearing warning when no one was swearing?

by foubrac666

Original Post

swearing warning when no one was swearing?

★★★ Newbie

While playing Scrabble on POGO my friend got a warning about swearing.  As neither one of us had use any swear words, I'm wondering why this would happen.

Message 1 of 3 (450 Views)

Re: swearing warning when no one was swearing?

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @foubrac666 ,

It is possible that your friend may have broke part of the EA User Agreement. More specifically the Rules of Conduct. If it wasn't in the chat specifically, it could of been a word he was trying to spell in the Scrabble Game.

Rules of Conduct that he may have broken:

• Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.
  • Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.

The EA User Agreement can be found here: https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC

When creating an EA Account, you agree to abide by all rules set in the User Agreement, and are subject to punishment if they are broken.

I would tell him to be more careful next time!

Happy Gaming,

-Rare

Message 2 of 3 (437 Views)

Re: swearing warning when no one was swearing?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @foubrac666.

In addition to the great reply from @The_other_Rare, I want to add that your friend does have the ability to appeal any warning, suspension or ban that is placed on their account. Your friend will have to contact EA themselves, but the instructions are listed in the following link:

How to get more information about my ban or suspension

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)