Re: subtitles problem

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

subtitles problem

★ Novice

when i play games subtitles are in a higher position on my monitor how do i fix that ?

Message 1 of 6 (711 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@billsurvivalistI'm genuinely curious where they should normally be, do you have an image from during normal play? I haven't played DS3 since launch so I can't remember the subtitles exact position. 

There are 2 things that i can think would cause this, either some 3rd party program with an odd side-effect, or an odd Windows setting which DS3 uses when its writing its subs. 

The first is far easier to check for, you can try restarting with a Clean Boot. 

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (662 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@billsurvivalist Do you have an image of this? What game(s) does this effect?

Generally subtitle location isn't configurable, but if there's a glitch placing them in the incorrect location that'd be interesting to see. 

You could try swapping to windowed mode (The toggle is usually Alt & Enter, but you can change this from the options menu. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (692 Views)

★ Novice

this is in windowed mode 

Message 3 of 6 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@billsurvivalist That's Dead Space 3, right? This looks like about the right position for subtitles. Obviously it's kinda cut off by the menu, but it should be fine in normal play,  and as mentioned I'm not aware of any way to reposition them, sorry. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (678 Views)

★ Novice

they are not in the right position but anyway thanks

Message 5 of 6 (662 Views)

Community Manager

@billsurvivalistI'm genuinely curious where they should normally be, do you have an image from during normal play? I haven't played DS3 since launch so I can't remember the subtitles exact position. 

There are 2 things that i can think would cause this, either some 3rd party program with an odd side-effect, or an odd Windows setting which DS3 uses when its writing its subs. 

The first is far easier to check for, you can try restarting with a Clean Boot. 

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (663 Views)