Re: starting today when playing game origin keeps going offline

by Rmaxra

Original Post

starting today when playing game origin keeps going offline

★★★ Newbie

Starting today, Origin keeps going offline.  There is a message indicating there is a critical update and to restart origin.  I do that and launch origin again and initially its online then goes offline again.  Was kicked from two games.  Is there an issue with the update?  Or a glitch in the system?  I have restarted origin several times and my PC.

Message 1 of 8 (1,263 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @icecave78.

Can I ask you to ensure that the update is fully installed as if not you can run into issues such as this? The best thing to do is exit out of Origin fully and then relaunch it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,246 Views)

★★ Novice

Same, issue with me, it keeps going offline again and again asking for a critical update, however, the update is not linked anywhere, also my auto update for Origin is active, yet this update request comes. Please help.

Message 3 of 8 (1,230 Views)

Community Manager

Can I ask @ThorSingh if you would mind closing down Origin and then re-opening to see if you can force the update to install?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,103 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue.  Closing out Origin launcher and accessing the Origin web-page to launch will get me into the game.  Shortly after logging into the game (Anthem) the launcher goes offline with the same message posted above.  This has persisted through many computer restarts.   Screenshot attached.  If you need anymore information to help resolve this issue, please let me know.  

My PC;  Window 7, AMD 6300 FX, Geforce 7900GT

Message 5 of 8 (1,043 Views)

★ Novice

Potential solution found.  I uninstalled Origin launcher and reinstalled it.  It did not go offline for a few hours that I played.   

Message 6 of 8 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@EA_Drako Been trying to do that, but it does not show any update option at all.
I cannot force any Update cause there is none to show.
The problem is still the same.
Message 7 of 8 (923 Views)

★ Novice

The uninstall/reinstall fixed mine.  

Message 8 of 8 (885 Views)