sims 4 won't redownload

by steadydreaming

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 won't redownload

★★★ Newbie

I have been an origin user and sims 4 player for the past few years. I have accumulated multiple expanison and stuff packs. On a recent purchase of the strangerville and realm of magic packs, i experienced issues downloading the packs and updating my game. The expansion packs would not show up at all, unlike other expansions i've bought before. Additionally, unlike previous times when I was able to purchse directly through origin, in this instance i was sent to an external (or what i believe to be) link to an EA site for purchase. I attempted deleting and redownloading Origin, repairing the game, and other options listed on the help q&a page but it somehow made the problem worse, causing me to be unable to play my base game and old packs at all. I attempted to contact customer service, but they were essentially useless outside of keeping me on hold for over 2 hours and not providing me any insight in regards to the issue I'm experiencing. At the very least, I would like to be able to play my base game and old packs. Everytime i log into origin now, I recieve a download error message and see error code playabeatstr on the thumbnail to my game. Anyone know of what I can do to fix this? I appreciate the help.

Message 1 of 4 (907 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 won't redownload

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @steadydreaming.

The best thing to do is to take a couple of minutes and try the following steps:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 2990

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (790 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Would it be possible to grab me a screenshot of the error message that you are seeing and also, just what it is you see when you log in?

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here are all the error messages I receive. Every time I log into origin, it attempts to download my game.

Message 3 of 4 (835 Views)

Community Manager

The best thing to do is to take a couple of minutes and try the following steps:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 2990

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (791 Views)