Re: sims 4 get famous no words are showing up

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 get famous no words are showing up

★★★ Newbie

When I downloaded the expansion pack I opened it to play and no words are showing up for any of the content related to the pack. What can I do to get this back? 

Message 1 of 6 (1,025 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey  @brooke_johnson12 sorry to hear that you are having issues, can I ask if you have any mods or custom content running, if so can you remove it and then relaunch the game to see if it changes anything? 

If you do not have any mods can you go ahead and repair the game from within Origin, you just need to open your My Game Library and then right click on the game tile and hit repair. Once done, re-launch the game to see if it helps.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (990 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey  @brooke_johnson12 sorry to hear that you are having issues, can I ask if you have any mods or custom content running, if so can you remove it and then relaunch the game to see if it changes anything? 

If you do not have any mods can you go ahead and repair the game from within Origin, you just need to open your My Game Library and then right click on the game tile and hit repair. Once done, re-launch the game to see if it helps.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko /EA support team,

I am having the same issue. No words are showing in terms of Get Famous-related actions, jobs, objects, etc (it's just a blank bubble). In Build mode, all the Get Famous-related content is called "DEBUG" and households in the neighbourhood are called something like "PremadeHousehold-Ward".

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

RAM 8.00 Go

Operating system 64 bits, processor x64

Edition Windows 10 Family

FYI - the Repair option is faded as well and won't let me click on it.

Hope you can help!

Many thanks,

Justine

Message 3 of 6 (915 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JustineJuly have you any custom content running, if so can you remove it all and then see if you see the issue again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (899 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I don't have any custom content. I bought the game last night along with the Deluxe version of the base game.

Many thanks 

Justine 

Message 5 of 6 (885 Views)

@JustineJuly  This is a known issue with Sims 4.  Please try the steps in the first two posts in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (820 Views)