Accepted Solution

sims 2

★★★ Newbie

where can i find sims 2 to download ?

Message 1 of 8 (571 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 2

[ Edited ]

Not available for sale anymore, unfortunately. Before they've retired the game from the store (a rather bad move), EA give away to anyone that had Sims 2 in their game library Sims 2 Ultimate Edition (which had pretty much all the expansions and stuff packs).

People would like to see it back in stores, along with Sims 1 and Sims Stories series (Life, Pets and Castaway), but seems that EA decided otherwise. Which is a real shame. EA could make a lot of money bringing back a lot of their old games. Plenty of people that would like to replace their old CD's/DVD's with a download version.

P.S.: you still can buy retail versions (CD's/DVD's) on Amazon, but the pricing is off the charts, due to really limited availability.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (620 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Not available for sale anymore, unfortunately. Before they've retired the game from the store (a rather bad move), EA give away to anyone that had Sims 2 in their game library Sims 2 Ultimate Edition (which had pretty much all the expansions and stuff packs).

People would like to see it back in stores, along with Sims 1 and Sims Stories series (Life, Pets and Castaway), but seems that EA decided otherwise. Which is a real shame. EA could make a lot of money bringing back a lot of their old games. Plenty of people that would like to replace their old CD's/DVD's with a download version.

P.S.: you still can buy retail versions (CD's/DVD's) on Amazon, but the pricing is off the charts, due to really limited availability.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 8 (621 Views)

Community Manager

@AnnaChavis97 Unfortunately, as stated, the game isn't sold any more.

We did have the big giveaway Ivrognard mentions, but that's wrapped up some time ago now. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 8 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I´ve read about being able to contact origin in order to get the ultimate collection, now that the official promo ended? Is that still possible? Apparently, you had to add proof (like the cases, codes, booklets, etc.) to the mail. Sadly, Sims 3 and 4 do not work properly on my laptop, so Sims 2 would be great, I also have several expansion packs, but somehow they can´t be installed. 

Message 4 of 8 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]

One of the Community Managers might know. So wait for one of them to answer. Meanwhile prepare a lot of pictures and other stuff. And if Sims 3 is a rather interesting game, Sims 4 is something that i wasn't impressed with. I hope that EA will add on GOG Sims 1/2 and the Sims Stories series. I'd like to replay them, as my discs are fragged of how much i used themStandard smile

Yeah...go figure: a male that enjoys the Sims seriesWink

Message 5 of 8 (495 Views)

Community Manager

@Nienor9

As EA_David posted, this not possible anymore, sorry.

barry.png
Message 6 of 8 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

I have all of The Sims 2 on disks.  Is there any way to digitize them, or get digital copies for which I already have the keys?

Message 7 of 8 (469 Views)

Unfortunately, no. You could complete your DVD/CD collection, as there are some copies on sale on Amazon, but unless the game is coming back in the store, there are no digital copies available for now.Frown

Message 8 of 8 (449 Views)