Re: scam

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

scam

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yesterday I made a purchase on two websites [Removed by CM] because they were offering sims 4 packs at a discounted price, I figured there was a sale and since it said there were game key codes offered, I purchased. I assumed they were legit codes that could then be put into origin where the packs would then download. Upon finding that I would be downloading bootleg versions of the game - I immediately asked for a refund - multiple times but was denied. This bothered me because one, they went against their return policy by stating something different thus voiding it and two, I found it suspicious the way it had to be an offline product and required downloading the sims 4 separately from ea and origin. I wanted to bring awareness to this. Here is my photo proof. My one question, will I be able to get my money back? You see, I’ve been back and forth with these companies all day. I’ve been questioned over and over again - when I know that they’re in the wrong here and I’ve been met with horrible customer service. I am frustrated, tired, and very upset. I’m a college student who just wants to play the sims 4 but I can’t afford all those expansion packs so I got scammed. I don’t even want to play the sims anymore after this. All I want at this point is just my money back - will I be able to get it?

Message 1 of 6 (401 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You can find all the information about where to buy EA games here @Nadia1Hopehttps://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

If you purchase from an unauthorised retailer you do so at your own risk. If a deal looks too good to be true it's always worth check out the retailer to ensure that they are an official EA retailer.

We will pass on the sites you mentioned but there would be nothing more that we can do to assist.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (351 Views)

All Replies

@Nadia1Hope Sorry man but since you purchased these from non EA affiliated sites, EA won't be able to do anything for you much less a refund.

Black Champion chinsrus.png

Message 2 of 6 (390 Views)

★ Novice

I’m looking for guidance into what legal course I can take. After all they are using EA’s name and game brand to profit off people into downloading bootleg versions. They also violated their return policy. I want to know what to tell the website before I have to get that far. 

Message 3 of 6 (385 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Nadia1Hope please do not share links to unofficial sites. 

There is nothing that we can do to assist with issues such as this, all we can recommend is speaking with the site support to request a refund or your bank/card issuer.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (369 Views)

★ Novice

I was told by an EA employee to bring this matter to the forums. So now I need to know what can be done about this legally - it is the sims 4 and EA brand after all. How many other customers have they had download their bootleg version of the sims 4 because it was cheaper than expansion packs. So highlight this, flag it, mark it or whatever but I want this investigate deeper because I was promised that it would be.

Message 5 of 6 (366 Views)

Community Manager

You can find all the information about where to buy EA games here @Nadia1Hopehttps://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

If you purchase from an unauthorised retailer you do so at your own risk. If a deal looks too good to be true it's always worth check out the retailer to ensure that they are an official EA retailer.

We will pass on the sites you mentioned but there would be nothing more that we can do to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (352 Views)