restoring previous versions

by peepeethecatmomm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

restoring previous versions

★★ Novice

I would like to go back to a previous update of a game (Sims 4) since it ran a lot smoother on my current pc. is there a way to restore previous versions of the game itself and not just the save files? also can you explain how to do it in a relatively simple way?

thanks a bunch, strangers!

Message 1 of 2 (2,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: restoring previous versions

@peepeethecatmomm  No, sorry, it's not possible to revert to a previous patch level.  The one thing you could do is run the Legacy Edition rather than the standard version of the game.  But that comes with its own problems: no new packs, no new bug fixes, no access to the Gallery or other online features.  And of course you don't get to pick the patch level—it's the same one from a couple of months ago when the LE was released.

If you'd like to try anyway, click on the Sims 4 icon in Origin, select Extra Content, find the Legacy Edition on the list, and click Download.  In Windows, you'll then need to click the Settings cog wheel (or go back to your Origin game library and right-click on the Sims 4 icon), select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose 32-bit Legacy Edition from the dropdown menu.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,563 Views)

All Replies

Re: restoring previous versions

@peepeethecatmomm  No, sorry, it's not possible to revert to a previous patch level.  The one thing you could do is run the Legacy Edition rather than the standard version of the game.  But that comes with its own problems: no new packs, no new bug fixes, no access to the Gallery or other online features.  And of course you don't get to pick the patch level—it's the same one from a couple of months ago when the LE was released.

If you'd like to try anyway, click on the Sims 4 icon in Origin, select Extra Content, find the Legacy Edition on the list, and click Download.  In Windows, you'll then need to click the Settings cog wheel (or go back to your Origin game library and right-click on the Sims 4 icon), select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose 32-bit Legacy Edition from the dropdown menu.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (2,564 Views)