redownloading sims4 retreat

by shelly962

Original Post

Accepted Solution

redownloading sims4 retreat

★ Novice

I had to reinstall sims4, now how do I reinstall sims4 retreat since it does not show up in my games on origin?

Message 1 of 10 (1,023 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: redownloading sims4

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@gkforbes Alright in that case I would recommend uninstalling the game (right click the tile in Origin client and select 'Uninstall) and then re-downloading it.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (957 Views)

All Replies

Re: redownloading sims4 retreat

EA Staff

Right click the Sims 4 game tile in Origin client and go to 'View Game Details'. You should be able to download the pack again from there.

Message 2 of 10 (1,020 Views)

★★ Novice

This does not work.

We have SIMS 4 downloaded. I can see TS4.exe. It won't load. Uninstalled Origin and downloaded a new version. It still doesn't work. I chanfed game properties in Origin but it still sill mow fire up.

In My Games within Origin SIMS 4 is greyed out. All other games are not.

This problem has plagued SIMS 4/Oirgin for more than a month. 

Message 3 of 10 (995 Views)

Community Manager

@gkforbes Hi,

First off, please make sure you start Origin with Administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".

Are you able to progress now?

If you cannot, please re-start Origin with administrator rights then just right click the game tile and choose uninstall. Next download and install the game once more and report back here.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 10 (987 Views)

★★ Novice
Followed your instructions to configure Win 7 Admin rights and SIMS 4 Admin rights. It still won't work. Origin nor SIMS 4 will not load. I didn't think it would because Origin has SIMS 4 grayed out which indicates we don't own the game after spending $60. And downloading it from you. Please resolve this or provide a refund and I'll buy a disc.
Message 5 of 10 (977 Views)

EA Staff

The game is linked to your account so you should be able to access it. Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

If the Sims 4 game tile is no longer grayed out after these steps, try repairing the game (right click the tile and select 'Repair Game').

Message 6 of 10 (974 Views)

★★ Novice

Nils,

I've followed your instructions to the letter.

The SIMS 4 game is no longer greyed out. It appears Normal like my other SIMS games.

When running Origin and SIMS 4 as Admin, I now get the popup box indicating an Update is required beffore I can play the game. No mater what  I try, I cannot get the Updater to download, therefore, I cannot play the game so far.

Thanks for your continued help,

Gale

Message 7 of 10 (957 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@gkforbes Alright in that case I would recommend uninstalling the game (right click the tile in Origin client and select 'Uninstall) and then re-downloading it.

Message 8 of 10 (958 Views)

★★ Novice

Kristi,

We hated to loose the SIMS 4 characters etc. that we made. Followed your instructions to the letter.

IT WORKS!!!!!

Much appreciation to you for your assistance and cooperation to continue following up on my problem,

Gale

Message 9 of 10 (937 Views)

Re: redownloading sims4 retreat

★★★ Newbie

i cant to it etheir

@shelly962 wrote:

I had to reinstall sims4, now how do I reinstall sims4 retreat since it does not show up in my games on origin?

Message 10 of 10 (886 Views)