recoil

by Whitsdon

Original Post

recoil

★★ Novice

Hey guys I have an old original RECOIL game that I loved playing back in the day and had lost the disk but just found it again YEAH!!  So was the game ever updated for the new Windows?  or  Is it possible to get it to work?

I tried installing it and it loaded lots of files, but when I try to start the game,  it comes up and gives an error "Failed to initialize video device" and just goes back to the menu.

What can I do?

Thanks, Don  

Message 1 of 8 (702 Views)

Re: recoil

Community Manager

That's a blast from the past @Whitsdon.

I don't believe that there have been any updates released for Recoil to make it compatible with modern systems.

I have a copy of it at home so will test it over the weekend to see if I can get it working. I know that it works on one of my older PCs, I've something like 7 different PCs at home running different OS so that I can play older games without issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (683 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, let me know!

Message 3 of 8 (678 Views)

Community Manager

If I don't respond on Monday @Whitsdon then post again tagging me so that I don't forget to reply.

I got the disc out last night and launched it on an older PC without issue and will try on my gaming PC tomorrow.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (653 Views)

★★ Novice

What OS was it on?

Message 5 of 8 (629 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Darko, did you test RECOIL?

Message 6 of 8 (598 Views)

Community Manager

I tested it @Whitsdon but was unable to get it running. I tried a number of things but it never managed to fully launch for me.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

So what OS did it work on?

Message 8 of 8 (563 Views)