Re: "We’re processing your order"

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"We’re processing your order"

★★★ Newbie

Ive read all the comments on this forum.

I understand what it means... but why?

any idea why EA is the only company that works this way? 

If someone buys a digital copy of a game from virtually every other digital store they immediately start downloading and play as soon as it finished.

PS store, microsoft store, steam, uplay, GOG.com, Blizzard.net.  

Why does origin take so long? I mean, i know why because you are "processing the order", waiting for the money to go through. But why are you the only one?

Why does every other company get it done immediately?

I bought fifa 16 a few moments ago and have just found out about this whole processing thing. Im not too bothered there is other things i can do. although i will never use origin again. Now i know i can order the real copy and get it quicker from amazon then your digital copy. What reason do i have to purchase your digital copy?

thank you if you answer.

Message 1 of 9 (6,774 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Gellis87 Hi there,

By far the great majority of purchases made via Origin are processed almost instantly.

However, with any purchase there is always a risk attached and this risk is shouldered by everyone involved: The selling company, the payment providers, and the buyer.

If someone is using a new payment method or is a new customer we will carefully check and then process the order based upon the confidence we have that the payment will be legitimate.

If we experience a lot of issues with certain payment methods or with certain products within a short period of time, we may decide to not instantly process an order to give us time to review it manually, in line with our partners.

If you have waited for some time and you still haven't received your game, please get in touch with your bank and then again with us for assistance: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you may need to place an international call. Read more about it here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Log in with your EA Account and choose "Origin" as product, your platform, "Orders" as topic and "Check order status" and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answers HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (7,290 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Gellis87 Hi there,

By far the great majority of purchases made via Origin are processed almost instantly.

However, with any purchase there is always a risk attached and this risk is shouldered by everyone involved: The selling company, the payment providers, and the buyer.

If someone is using a new payment method or is a new customer we will carefully check and then process the order based upon the confidence we have that the payment will be legitimate.

If we experience a lot of issues with certain payment methods or with certain products within a short period of time, we may decide to not instantly process an order to give us time to review it manually, in line with our partners.

If you have waited for some time and you still haven't received your game, please get in touch with your bank and then again with us for assistance: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you may need to place an international call. Read more about it here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Log in with your EA Account and choose "Origin" as product, your platform, "Orders" as topic and "Check order status" and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answers HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 2 of 9 (7,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for responding. 

I understand the situation a little more now

Message 3 of 9 (6,740 Views)

Community Manager

@Gellis87 Glad to hear that.

You know, as the buyer you are likely doing something similar. You carefully evaluate what the prices of the games are in different stores and how trustworthy these stores are. You will probably have already formed an opinion on them by buying there yourself in the past or by hearing about it from your friends or on news websites.

You may have needed customer service with an issue at some point and will factor that in as well to see whether you want to trust this store with your hard earned money.

Now we as a company do the same thing. Of course we are a business and we need to make money.

However, you can also see us as a group of people who are just very passionate about games, that have been around for a long time and are still doing our best to create games that our fans love to play.

In order to be able to continue to do so, we just have to try make decisions that we feel confident in that they will help us to continue creating games in the future.

Fingers crossed that your order will come process soon, thanks again for trusting us.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 9 (6,732 Views)

★ Novice

OP can you post an update on your situation?

Message 5 of 9 (6,717 Views)

Community Manager

@PistolWhip321 Hi,

I can, the order has been processed about 30 hours after the initial purchase, and everything is working fine now.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 9 (6,709 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm calling BS. You simply don't have enough people to process whatever data is needed to be processed in an appropriate amount of time. It's more about profit and ROI than some dedication to being passionate about games, else you wouldn't adopt a pay to win method. I choose to believe this over incompetence. It could be that you have tons of people validating orders, but the workflow is cumbersome.

@EA_Nils wrote:

@Gellis87 Glad to hear that.

You know, as the buyer you are likely doing something similar. You carefully evaluate what the prices of the games are in different stores and how trustworthy these stores are. You will probably have already formed an opinion on them by buying there yourself in the past or by hearing about it from your friends or on news websites.

You may have needed customer service with an issue at some point and will factor that in as well to see whether you want to trust this store with your hard earned money.

Now we as a company do the same thing. Of course we are a business and we need to make money.

However, you can also see us as a group of people who are just very passionate about games, that have been around for a long time and are still doing our best to create games that our fans love to play.

In order to be able to continue to do so, we just have to try make decisions that we feel confident in that they will help us to continue creating games in the future.

Fingers crossed that your order will come process soon, thanks again for trusting us.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 9 (5,514 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Gellis87 My order for Mass Effect Legendary Edition is THREE WEEKS LONG and it's still in the processing phase. At first, I thought it was something wrong with my first order, so I canceled it and made another. Looks like it wasn't anything wrong on my side but with EA procrastination.
Message 8 of 9 (2,808 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @ArtMANro,

This thread is a few years old so I'm closing it out here. Please check the dates by the posts, it'll give an indicator of how current the discussion is and help limit necroposting.

For any billing issues, please get in touch with our support team asap. They can be reached through the EA Help website for a call-back or to chat live. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (2,804 Views)