"Password does not meet requirements."

by JoPearson

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

"Password does not meet requirements."

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to change my password, but the system will not let me. It keeps insisting that my "Password does not meet requirements." Yet, incredibly, no guidelines are given as to what password would meet requirements. 

For reference, my password format is a string of three words together (e.g. DonkeyWarshipElevate).

I have used no special characters. Adding a number made no difference. Reducing the number of characters made no difference. 

Best,

Jo

Message 1 of 3 (7,930 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Password does not meet requirements."

★★★★ Novice

I'm adding this reply in case someone else finds this in the future through Google or whatever.

After a useless conversation with EA Support, I did some experimentation on my end testing out all the characters I can easily type on my US QWERTY keyboard.

Supported: '{}[]()<>$%_@;-=`:!#^&*

Not supported: ."|\/?~,

And passwords need to be 8-16 characters, inclusive, with at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and a number.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,744 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JoPearson What service/product is this for? You mention reducing characters, can you try reducing the number below 16 if you haven't already. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (7,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm adding this reply in case someone else finds this in the future through Google or whatever.

After a useless conversation with EA Support, I did some experimentation on my end testing out all the characters I can easily type on my US QWERTY keyboard.

Supported: '{}[]()<>$%_@;-=`:!#^&*

Not supported: ."|\/?~,

And passwords need to be 8-16 characters, inclusive, with at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and a number.

Message 3 of 3 (1,745 Views)