"Origin has stopped working" error just after login

by avaliquette

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Origin has stopped working" error just after login

★ Novice

When I open Origin I have the login windows that shows, I enter my connection info and click login. When the main windows shows (just the borders are loaded the "inner" of the window is empty white) and then Origin crash ("Origin has stopped working" Windows error).

I did everything possible to fix this problem: uninstalled with uninstall program then manually cleaning the remaining pieces in the Windows registry,  deleted directories (when present) in %programfiles%, %appdata%, %localappdata%, %progamdata%. I even uninstalled ALL my Origin/EA games. I then disabled antivirus, turned Windows UAC OFF, rebooted, reinstalled, added OriginClientService.exe and Origin.exe to Windows Firewall an nothing works...

This problem occured overnight without any change to my computer (software and hardware).

Here is my log.

Is there someone that can help me?

Message 1 of 6 (1,076 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Origin has stopped working" error just after login

Hi, @avaliquette

You need to make a new administrator account because I think your existing one is corrupted. Please follow the steps described in the link above to make a fresh, uncorrupted administrator account.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,279 Views)

All Replies

Hi, @avaliquette

This sounds like a problem with your admin acount.

Please try to run it first as admin by right clicking on it

then choose run as administrator.

If this didn't help you'll have to make a new admin account in windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-accoun...

Please keep us updated.

Message 2 of 6 (1,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@DarkBanishingMy (only) user account on my PC is administrator. I retried running as admin but still the same problem (Origin detected an update and installed it first).

In the end same problem.

Message 3 of 6 (1,046 Views)

Hi, @avaliquette

You need to make a new administrator account because I think your existing one is corrupted. Please follow the steps described in the link above to make a fresh, uncorrupted administrator account.

Message 4 of 6 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

hi @DarkBanishing, i know this was posted a while ago. but i have the same issue and your answer did help. but i was wondering if you know how this happened (my admin account being corrupted). also, is there any way to fix that or will it just permanently be corrupted? thank you in advance

Message 5 of 6 (806 Views)

Hi, @nilanull

A windows account can be corrupted by several things. Mostly it is caused by windows errors caused by faulty updates or even by certain malware on your computer.

When an account gets corrupted it may be recovered by taking difficult reparation steps, but it is much easier and less time-consuming just by creating a new admin account. Keep in mind that by using another admin account, you'll be able to access all programs and services you were able to access with your former account.

I hope this answer satisfies you. 😊

Message 6 of 6 (786 Views)