"An unexpected error has. Please try again in a few moments Error: 196620:0" on every download.

by LotharHexEN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"An unexpected error has. Please try again in a few moments Error: 196620:0" on every download.

★★★ Novice

This message occurs every time I try to download a game. Origin is in my firewall and anti-virus program exceptions. It first occured when I attempted to preload Titanfall. Due to the help of an EA Chat rep it managed to work, however since then the issue occurs when I try to download other games.

I believe the EA representative advsied me to delete my temp files, and run as administrator. Tried that again, same issues.

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 18 (60,024 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "An unexpected error has. Please try again in a few moments Error: 196620:0" on every

Community Manager

@LotharHexEN 

Did you set up any sort of proxy or VPN in your internet connection settings?

Outside of that, I would suggest a clean boot to ensure no other programs are interferring: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 6 of 18 (72,544 Views)

All Replies

Re: "An unexpected error has. Please try again in a few moments Error: 196620:0" on every

Community Manager (retired)

@LotharHexEN 

Please try the steps suggested in this forum thread:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9594825.page

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 18 (59,978 Views)

★★★ Novice

So none of the thing suggested there worked. One thing that was odd is that I appear to have no no Offline Cache file (checked if it weas hidden and it wasn't) so unable to delete that.

As a test I restarted the PC in Safe Mode with networking, this allowed me to start a download, though as you can appreviate this was less than idea.  I then restarted the PC as normal and went to resume, and I got the same error message,

Message 3 of 18 (59,964 Views)

Community Manager

In this case I'd double check your Anti-virus and/or firewall again. Check for any secondary functions that might be blocking Origin.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 18 (59,935 Views)

★★★ Novice

Already done, nothing I an see that is missing.

Message 5 of 18 (59,921 Views)

Community Manager

@LotharHexEN 

Did you set up any sort of proxy or VPN in your internet connection settings?

Outside of that, I would suggest a clean boot to ensure no other programs are interferring: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 18 (72,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well problem solved. Did the clean boot and it worked, so started acvtuvating programs. Trns out it was Network iControl which is part of the ASUS Suite II motherboard prgram. Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 18 (59,892 Views)

Re: "An unexpected error has. Please try again in a few moments Error: 1966

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

hey, i tried everything i reinstalled origin and everything is still the same my battlefield one still can't be installed 

origin keep saying "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: -4:302"

Message 8 of 18 (53,118 Views)

★★ Pro

@TheGardenerZ 

Have you tried installing it after a clean boot as suggested above?

"Outside of that, I would suggest a clean boot to ensure no other programs are interferring: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ "

Message 9 of 18 (53,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Gwyndolium Tried this tho it said to restart pc and when i launch my origins after boot it says to let it change the drive bla bla (something like installing something) and i clicked yes but the same problem came back out 

Message 10 of 18 (53,090 Views)