Re: ping again

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ping again

★ Apprentice

after some time in a game i typed in chat about a players ping being 267 and asked what  the ping cut off was, it was 100 and i asked if anyone was monitoring the site.almost straight away admin kicked the player for exceeding ping, so why don't  they do it without being prompted most players ping is about the same give or take 20, and players with very low or high ping have way to much advantage and this is why they get kicked.  as we all paid for our game we should be able to play with some hope of achievement and not be taken advantage of by a minority of players.

i would like to hear other players views on it.

Message 1 of 5 (294 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@likemycoat

Which game are you referring to here?

Probably Battlefield... in the case of (automated) kicking for high ping, this depends on the server settings. Sometimes it is not automated and up to the admins. There's really nothing more we can do about it.

Feel free to let me know if you have further questions though.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (309 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@likemycoat

Which game are you referring to here?

Probably Battlefield... in the case of (automated) kicking for high ping, this depends on the server settings. Sometimes it is not automated and up to the admins. There's really nothing more we can do about it.

Feel free to let me know if you have further questions though.

Message 2 of 5 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had just purchased Battlefield 4, and I never ever played it online as of yet! I keep on receiving this kicked off for hight ping (267). I have never been online in the first place! So this is the world of gaming? Where I can't even play online?  I mean I pay for high speed internet. So as to be fair One has to kick it down to what? 100? Oh! I see....Ok.....Should'nt  that be automatic? Now I have to find out how to lower my so called ping. When I purchased the game nobody told me about the problems in playing online. If the servers were automatic, then noone would have to go through this B.S. Oh well, now I have to find out how the hell to lower my ping....

Message 3 of 5 (270 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get kicked for high ping it says (367) but then my list says 112.

Message 4 of 5 (249 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Der_Lieber

This means that at the time that you were kicked your ping spiked up to a higher level, such as 367.

To improve your connection you can try the following:

• Restart your system and router
  • Use a wired internet connection
  • Limit the other traffic on your network
  • Try to find a server close to your region
Message 5 of 5 (233 Views)