originthinsetup.exe could not connect the internet

by PhillipBALLAS111

Original Post

originthinsetup.exe could not connect the internet

★ Novice

Good day,

When I download the originthinsetup.exe it tells me: can't connect to the internet.

I'm always online so this does not make sense.

Please can someone help me to install Origin again.

Thanks.Large smile

Message 1 of 7 (1,288 Views)

Re: originthinsetup.exe could not connect the internet

★★ Pro

Hey @PhillipBALLAS111

This error shows up when there is a program prohibiting your Origin from using the connection. Can you check if you got any firewall and/or anti-virus/malware software installed as this is most likely conflicting with your Origin.

Try disabling them or adding Origin + the games you want to play to their safety list.

If that doesn't work try a clean boot and see if it works then:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 2 of 7 (1,284 Views)

★ Novice

I've done this as well and still the same problem arises Confused 

Message 3 of 7 (1,276 Views)

★★ Pro

So within the clean boot you can't install Origin? 

Did you try to start it as administrator yet? 

Message 4 of 7 (1,270 Views)

★ Novice

Clean up boot no luck.

Run as admin no luck.

Message 5 of 7 (1,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @PhillipBALLAS111

I found here in the forum, something for your issue :

--------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by : BFS_Gunnem

SOLVED FOR ME

While running windows 10 64bit I must "make this pc discoverable" through my network settings.

Having my pc set to public mode makes  origin think I have no internet connection.  

I made the mistake of turning off public sharing when setting up a new PC.

This feature through windows is intended to limit access when a PC is used on a massively public network.

---------------------------------------------------------

NOTE if your issue persists -Ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client  to the exclusion list.Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

Check again your antivirus and Add antivirus exclusions (exceptions) specific files Origin, folders Origin or file extensions origin.ex from scanning.(very important to do  )

I wait your feedback,mate.Wink

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 7 (1,225 Views)

★ Novice

I know this is an old topic, but I don't care. I paid for my game, I should be able to play it, and the lack of any helpful response from Electronic Arts is pissing me off. 

I have done all the steps mentioned in this and other similar complain threads. My computer network has been set to Private from Public, then back again--no change. I have tweaked settings according to official EA suggestions--no change. I have disabled every single firewall, anti-virus, and anything remotely resembling any protection of any kind against any threat to my computer offline or online that I could possible disable--no change. I have rebooted my computer--no change. I have a PERFECT connection to the internet. Perfect. It is fast, it is reliable, and there is zero reason for the installer to STILL insist that my computer has no internet connection.

I purchased Dragon Age Inquisition ages ago, then briefly decided to uninstall it and origin from my computer for a bit. Now that I wish to play it again I find I cannot even install the client. It has been over a year since the earliest complaint of this that I could find--maybe older than that, perhaps. The fact that this game is literally impossible to play on PC unless you use Origin is idiotic to begin with, and I REFUSE to be forced to buy a console AND a copy of the game just so I can play something I bought with my hard-earned money ages ago.

Message 7 of 7 (1,053 Views)