origin wouldn’t launch after update

by Sylviadj

Original Post

origin wouldn’t launch after update

★★★★ Novice

It worked well before I updated to the latest version. I updated when I finally had time to play games again(just done with my exam and I decided to treat myself with a bit of gaming). The update appeared fine, but since the update I have failed to be able open the app. I get up an error message and crash report.
Have been in touch with EA customer service and tried for several days now to make it work. Have tried everything customer service has said I should try, but nothing has worked.
Anyone else who has had the issues problems? Is on a MAC.

Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Re: origin wouldn’t launch after update

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Sylviadj

Maybe this steps made by @EA_Tom from this troubleshooting guide for MAC can helps you http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/MAC-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/td-p/5371659

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 4 (288 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have actually tried all the things on the list, nothing worked. It worked fine before the update. But it seems like something is missing in the files after the update

Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Sylviadj could you please list all the step you have tried, so we don't recommend steps you have already done! Standard smile 

Based on the information you have written, have you tried making a new Mac account on your Mac and try installing Origin on that account and then try to run Origin? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 4 (229 Views)