origin won't stop downloading

by Tsukihara

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin won't stop downloading

★★★ Novice

Hi,

is there any way to stop origin from downloading extra content for your game (like dlcs or extra item packs)? I have a goty edition but every time I restart origin (like the day after) the client keeps downloading content I actually unchecked and do not want to install yet (it doesn't even let me stop the download). Is this connected to the fact that my origin keeps resetting itself every day? I've not been able to save my settings on origin for a while now; for example "cloud saves" activate every time I restart origin, "share system interaction" and sometimes "origin in game" as well...

Message 1 of 16 (19,401 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin won't stop downloading

★★★ Novice

So I reinstalled the game and the problem is gone, the downloads do not start spontaneously anymore (at the moment). Also the game works!!??? I had the problem of the fps drop (couldn't play the game and tought my computer couldn't handle it) and now the game runs smoothly! A couple of days ago I did clean Origin's caches completely because I had some problems with DA2 so maybe that fixed it? My origin still keeps resetting itself though. I'll keep my eyes open, if the downloads start again I'll write again. This is really weird but I'm happy the game actually works now.

View in thread

Message 5 of 16 (21,297 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Tsukihara 

What kind of content and for which title you can`t cancel download? Usually you just need to press the x on the right side of downloaded item to cancel it. Can you make a screenshot? We are currently aware of the 'back to default settings' Origin issue and investigating, but it should not be connected with any download options.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 16 (19,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm going to retry installing it because I unistalled it (i was going crazy) and the game is DAInquisition GOTY. What kind of screenshot do you need? the download queue?

Message 3 of 16 (19,373 Views)

@Tsukihara

Yes, download queue will do. Just to understand how does it missing the cancel download option. So I can forward this to our tech department to take a closer look.

Thank you,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 16 (19,368 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I reinstalled the game and the problem is gone, the downloads do not start spontaneously anymore (at the moment). Also the game works!!??? I had the problem of the fps drop (couldn't play the game and tought my computer couldn't handle it) and now the game runs smoothly! A couple of days ago I did clean Origin's caches completely because I had some problems with DA2 so maybe that fixed it? My origin still keeps resetting itself though. I'll keep my eyes open, if the downloads start again I'll write again. This is really weird but I'm happy the game actually works now.

Message 5 of 16 (21,298 Views)

@Tsukihara 

Good to know your matter is resolved now. Thank you for posting here about this, and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 6 of 16 (19,339 Views)

★★★ Novice

Again, cannot stop origin from repairing the stuff I don't want to repair. Cannot select "yes" as well as the x button (near the pause button). I click but the buttons do not work. Only way is to go offline asap. I also noticed (besides the game itself not working anymore) that some extra content was downloaded (and installed) without me actually having installed it?!?!?

I don't know how a screencap can help you but here it is.

Origin keeps resetting as well.

Message 7 of 16 (19,322 Views)

★★★ Novice

You could at least mark this question as unsolved. Since it is unsolved.

Message 8 of 16 (19,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go offline and cancel?

Message 9 of 16 (17,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is kinda late but the way i fixed it was by going into task manager and force stopping origin. That completely resets the download

Message 10 of 16 (11,836 Views)