Re: origin won't install or update after windows 10 installation

by TeddyPurno

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin won't install or update after windows 10 installation

★★ Novice

Hi, I have an old HP notebook who was running Origin on windows 7 perfectly.  I did the windows update from windows 7 to window 10 (x64) last week. Before the update it was working well.  Now i have many isses:

1. The shortcut can't find the path for the orgin appication.  I have to go directly in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin to start the app.

2. The app start an automatic update (78MB) and after the download I received this message: "something went wrong during the installation.  Please reinstall origin"

I tried every solutions mentioned in the origin forum but nothing works.  I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation and a clear solution would be much appreciated.  I'm trying to play FIFA and SimCity and I can't....

Thanks a lot.

Message 1 of 30 (18,511 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@ViolaBedard Could you please rename the Origin.exe (to OriginTMP.exe for example) file in the client installation folder and then try running the client from the new renamed .exe file.

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (21,782 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@ViolaBedard Could you please rename the Origin.exe (to OriginTMP.exe for example) file in the client installation folder and then try running the client from the new renamed .exe file.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 30 (21,783 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok good!  That worked for the first issue.  Origin app started with automatically updating (78MB) but after a message telling me that an unexpected issue stopped the update and I have to reinstall the program.  I did it in normal and safe mode but nothing is working.

Thanks for your quick response and please help me figure out this issue.

Message 3 of 30 (18,446 Views)

EA Staff

@ViolaBedard Have you tried manually uninstalling Origin, then running CCleaner and then reinstalling the client? 

Message 4 of 30 (18,434 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue with Word 2015 and Adobe.  Is this a registry problem?

Thank you for your help 

Message 5 of 30 (18,419 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately ccleaner and removing Origin manually didn't work.  Maybe my system is too old and cannot support windows 10....

Message 6 of 30 (18,418 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

WINDOWS 10 PRO connection 100 mb 20 mb up origin won 't update it run omg to 30 kb then crash all the times,i renemed ,unistalled from regedit all chace,nothing fix it pls i tired a lot

Message 7 of 30 (17,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i solved to istall origin in C: it need to be istalled in system wtffff

Message 8 of 30 (17,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The install program kept crashing, and windows couldnt find a solution. I found the program in Downloads, right clicked and selected RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, found that fixed the problem...even though i have one computer account which is the administrator...gotta love windows

Message 9 of 30 (17,495 Views)

★ Novice

Can't get Origin to do anything but freeze my computer.  Spent over 2 hours combing threads trying every "fix" out there and still, nothing.  Can't get Origin to do anything. 

Best I have been able to do is get a blank screen that won't force quit, minimize, or respond to any command other than force shut down, followed by an uninstall.  

Is there any way I can just play my video game without installing "origin"?  

Message 10 of 30 (11,288 Views)