origin updating

by tiradox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin updating

★★ Novice

OK guys here is my issue my origin current Version is 9.12.1.43352 - 436569 which is fine. My problem is a little odd, when I open mass effect 1 and origin isn't already open, it will start a origin update. origin then runs fine and so does the game. Now if I close out mass effect 1 and origin, and open origin by itself, or play ANY other game then mass effect 1, it will update again. the updates are always 92 MB and after doing this a error popped up and said please re install origin. I did a complete re install and no luck.

I turned off auto update and clicked on mass effect 1 and it brings up the update screen, it wants to update to version 9.12, but origins is already at that version. So I am not sure why it is doing this, I work around it by opening origin and then start mass effect 1 which works fine. Just thought maybe someone had this issue before and can help me.

Message 1 of 4 (284 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: origin updating

Community Manager

@tiradox Hi,

This is indeed odd, though I am glad to hear that you already found a workaround in starting the game just via Origin.

In order to resolve it, you could first try to right click the game within the Origin Client and selecting Repair.

If that does not do the trick, you would likely involve to uninstall and reinstall Mass Effect via the Origin Client, but I am not sure this is something you would like to do given that you already have a that solid workaround.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (274 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@tiradox Hi,

This is indeed odd, though I am glad to hear that you already found a workaround in starting the game just via Origin.

In order to resolve it, you could first try to right click the game within the Origin Client and selecting Repair.

If that does not do the trick, you would likely involve to uninstall and reinstall Mass Effect via the Origin Client, but I am not sure this is something you would like to do given that you already have a that solid workaround.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the response back, I tried repairing mass effect and it didn't work. I tried running it as a administrator, starting the game directly from it's file and it still trying to force a update when I click on me 1 and don't have origin already open. Before this update to origin this didn't happen, I may at some point try reinstalling me 1, but might wait and see after the next actual origin update. I can simply start origin before starting me 1. Thanks for the info and help O7.

Message 3 of 4 (258 Views)

Community Manager

@tiradox No worries, keep me posted.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)