origin update loop

by TiredSimmer06

Original Post

origin update loop

★★★ Newbie

i’m trying to install origin to play the sims 4, i got it installed but when i tried to open it it said “HOLD UP! AN UPDATE IS REQUIRED” and when it finished “updating” it asked me if update took could make changes to my device (hp laptop, windows 10) i click yes and then the same message from the beginning pops up and it does the EXACT SAME THING over and over again, i just want to update origin so i can play the sims, please help me

Message 1 of 2 (295 Views)

Re: origin update loop

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello @TiredSimmer06 ,

The first thing that should be done, is running Origin as an Administrator. (You should always do this) You can do that by right-clicking the Origins App and clicking "Run as administrator." If the issue still persists, you can check out this Origin Support Megathread here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/#2

*Note: A common issue when users are trying to update Origin is their anti-virus/malware, and firewall are preventing them from doing so. I would either make sure the firewall and anti-virus/malware allows Origin or that you disable them so that Origin can update properly. 

If everything else fails up to this point, you can try this Origin Clean up Script made and provided by @MADrag0n . All you have to do, is download the .txt file, drag it to your desktop, open the .txt file and save it to your desktop as a .bat instead of .txt, then run it as an Administrator. It is an old Script but still does the trick.

Happy Gaming,

-Rare

Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)