Re: origin start up error - twitchsdk_32_release.dll error

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin start up error - twitchsdk_32_release.dll error

★★ Guide

recent versions of Origin are generating an error on start up:

this needs to be looked at and addressed.

thanks

Message 1 of 12 (7,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@PPNSteve

I've received zero other reports about this dll error so I assume that it is still related to your system. However, I can have it looked at as well if we are unable to resolve this error for you.

In the meantime, try the following:

• Uninstall Origin, then download and install the latest version. Run the installer and client itself as administrator.
  • In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin folder, right-click vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe and run them as administrator.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (8,442 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@PPNSteve

Hi,

This error message is caused by a missing VC++ package on your computer. Please download and install the packages from the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Please download and install both x86 and x64 versions for the 2015, 2013, 2012 and 2010 versions. Restart your computer once that is done. If any of these versions are already installed then repair the installation instead.

Message 2 of 12 (7,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

installing 2015 and/or repairing 2013, 2012, etc. DID NOT fix it.. still getting this dll error on Origin start.

thanks

Message 3 of 12 (7,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Message 4 of 12 (7,319 Views)

EA DICE Team

@PPNSteve

I've received zero other reports about this dll error so I assume that it is still related to your system. However, I can have it looked at as well if we are unable to resolve this error for you.

In the meantime, try the following:

• Uninstall Origin, then download and install the latest version. Run the installer and client itself as administrator.
  • In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin folder, right-click vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe and run them as administrator.
Message 5 of 12 (8,443 Views)

★★ Guide

OK we'll try the reinstall and whatnot and see what happens.

If it matters, it wasn't doing this error before a recent update (either Origin or windows, can't say which). Beta channel or normal makes no difference.

Message 6 of 12 (7,289 Views)

Community Manager

@PPNSteve Thanks for the additional info, please let us know how you get on after the re-installation.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 12 (7,272 Views)

★★ Guide

restarted a few times without the error.. so for now it appears to be working correctly. If it changes or if the error returns, I'll update again.

Message 8 of 12 (7,244 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@PPNSteve

Ok, let's hope that the error won't pop up anymore. But do let us know if you need any further help.

Have a nice weekend,

Message 9 of 12 (7,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This workaround worked for me. Thank you!!!

Message 10 of 12 (5,143 Views)