Re: origin games crashing on startup

by Kizzado0dle

Original Post

origin games crashing on startup

★★★ Newbie

Hi - I am having some problems launching games. I only have 3 games in origin as I mostly use steam. Out of those, the sims 4 works fine. Battlefield 4 worked fine for months and recently has developed a problem in that everytime i try to launch it it says something like "battlefield has stopped working" and crashes. After that, I can't open origin (clicking it does nothing) without closing it in task manager first.

I just bought another game, populous: the beginning (a childhood favourite) and it is having a simlar problem, when i launch it it says "d3dpopdw has stopped working" and crashes. I have tried to launch this using compatibility settings (xp and vista) and it hasn't helped. Interestingly though I don't really know what file to try to launch with the compatibility mode as in the folder for the game there are so many different ones titled similarly with odd combinations of letters/numbers. As you can tell, I have no idea what i'm doing.

graphics drivers are up to date.

Tried to chat to EA but, ironically, that isn't working either - the popup window appears and it says "page not found" - i have used the chat before with no problem. Seems others have had this problem too from a look at forums etc.

Any help greatly appreciated, happy to give you any more information you need but if it involves finding it from somewhere i'll need pretty simple instructions Embarrassed . Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (368 Views)

Re: origin games crashing on startup

★★★ Newbie

Anyone? :-(

Message 2 of 2 (346 Views)