origin error 0xc000007b on Windows 10

by Socialdude

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin error 0xc000007b on Windows 10

★★★ Novice

Hello I was having this same issue and to no avail i had scoured the internet trying to find a fix for this issue! I had almost given up and all the sudden it started working and i know why !!!!  This is what you will want to do to get this fixed and please make sure you check everything before you say it will not work because im almost positive this will fix it for 90% of you out there. Go to start then Control Panel > Uninstall Programs ! When the window is open look through it and make sure you have BOTH X86 AND X64 Packages installed IF YOU HAVE A 64 BIT MACHINE OTHERWISE JUST THE X86 FILES of Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, AND 2013!!!  I myself found i was missing the 2013 packages once i installed them origin updated and works great!!!!   So you can do a google search for the C++ packages and i would highly recommend installing 1 at a time do not get the all in one installers because it didn't work for me until i manually installed them separately!!!! I do hope this will help all the frustrated people on the net trying to find the answer and remember follow this exactly NO ALL IN ONE PACKAGE INSTALLERS!!!!  Please give me feedback on this EA I would love to see if this will fix the problem for you.  

Message 1 of 14 (21,293 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin error 0xc000007b on Windows 10

Community Manager

@Socialdude Hi,

Thanks for sharing your solution, much appreciated.

We discovered the same and we have been providing this solution to anyone encountering this error message, for example in here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Windows-10-Origin-start-up-error-0xc000007b/m-p/4710208/highlight/tr...

Let me know if you have any recommendations on how to improve the format of the sample message.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (21,597 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Socialdude Hi,

Thanks for sharing your solution, much appreciated.

We discovered the same and we have been providing this solution to anyone encountering this error message, for example in here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Windows-10-Origin-start-up-error-0xc000007b/m-p/4710208/highlight/tr...

Let me know if you have any recommendations on how to improve the format of the sample message.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 14 (21,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

I looked at the fix you have listed but my recommendation is to list all C++ packages from 2005 through 2013. Also i dont know if visual studio is needed but i would keep it listed anyway otherwise i think all in all if a little more detailed step by step outlining the details would be great. Thanks again hopefully we can make a difference in the gaming community. By the way do you have any available positions?

Message 3 of 14 (21,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still reserved on my opinion about EA seeing them as the MTV of gaming, but your solution about reinstalling the vcredist files that said they were already upgraded, well this whole 'install them one by one miraculously worked and my origin is back up. Believe me other guys, I've been banging my head on this problem for months starting to believe there'd never be a way to fix this problem, after reading this forum, lo and behold, fixed! Again if the problem persists for those of you who haven't reached this point, use all the suggestions beforehand as a sort of 'process of elimination' until you discover the source of your problem, in time after reading all these solutions you scour the net for, you will find it.

Message 4 of 14 (21,234 Views)

Community Manager

@sephyrthelight Thanks for letting us know.

@Socialdude There is a good summary available here, thanks for the suggestion: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Regarding open positions, check out our careers page here: http://careers.ea.com/

The job search is available in the top left corner.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 14 (21,223 Views)

★★ Novice

This still isn't working for me... I've been trying to fix this for 4 hours!! I've looked at all of the forums, installed all the Visual C++ things and uninstalled Origin and nothing has worked!

Really want to give up, but if I give up I'm wanting my money back for all the Sims expansions.

Message 6 of 14 (19,901 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont know if this will help you but i noticed an update today for the game did the update and it is now finally working. So the only thing i can think of is maybe uninstall the sims 4 then do a search to make sure no folders or files are left on the computer then go into the registry and search for anything thats connected to sims 4 and delete it. If your unsure how to delete files out of the registry i would not recommend doing it but if you feel confident enough to do it i would just remember if you delete the wrong thing it could break other programs or possibly break windows!

Message 7 of 14 (19,885 Views)

★★ Novice
@Socialdude I can't even get to the game.
Message 8 of 14 (19,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SkittleJello@SocialdudeI'm also running Sims 3 not 4 but having the same issue because it's Origin that won't run at all. Literally can't access the sims games at all. I am not deleting games. This is ridiculous, why does it have to break now!? I even tried to update Win10 but NOTHING has worked.

Message 9 of 14 (19,870 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ya the sims in general has alot of code so anything can happen. One other trick you could try for it is uninstall sims 3 and depending on what windows you have look up how to boot into safe mode with networking and see if you can reinstall it then reboot the computer to your original desktop. I know how it is when a game wont work you really want to play { i have worked on some programs for weeks to get them going} Frown Good luck!

Message 10 of 14 (19,851 Views)