Re: origin charged me 1$ twice when I try to buy bf4 with credit card

by iateyourham

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin charged me 1$ twice when I try to buy bf4 with credit card

★★★★★ Newbie

hi, from thailand

I try to buy bf4 with my credit card at 16/9/2013, origin charge me 30 baht (about 1$) when I hit "ตรวจสอบคำสั่งซื้อ" button. (It show me in thai language. I'm not sure which word in english, may be "check your order") and again when I hit "ส่งคำสั่งซื้อ" button. (may be "send your order")

then origin send me a confirmation email that say my purchase is successfully and give me a receipt. But not yet transaction real bf4 cost (1,341 baht).

I've wait for 1 week and nothing happen, so

1. 1$ twice is for?

2. When will my credit card be charged?

thx.

Message 1 of 14 (17,127 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Cards carrying the Visa and MasterCard logo all require retailers to institute the $1-hold process and most also include debit cards. The charge is a preauthorization that provides a way for your credit card company to verify the card is valid before allowing you to use it when the amount of the full charge is not yet certain.

The $1.00 charges are temporary and will be returned to your account within 5-7 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (18,179 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Cards carrying the Visa and MasterCard logo all require retailers to institute the $1-hold process and most also include debit cards. The charge is a preauthorization that provides a way for your credit card company to verify the card is valid before allowing you to use it when the amount of the full charge is not yet certain.

The $1.00 charges are temporary and will be returned to your account within 5-7 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 14 (18,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yo ! From Thailand too สู้ๆนะ โดนเหมือนกันครับ รอมันปรับปรุงด้วยกันนะคร้าบ

Message 3 of 14 (17,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

oh i just contact to game advisor (which i miss understanding with this Answer HQ)

and they said pre-order isn't charged yet until game release!

no need to worry about failing purchase anymore!

Sweet Dream with my BF4 now >w<

Message 4 of 14 (17,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why don't I ever see this from anybody else ever?  Why is EA the only people to use this bizarre pre-payment charge.  Ridiciulous.

Message 5 of 14 (13,794 Views)

★★★ Novice

After 5-7 days have passed will I be able to download the Sims Outdoor Retreat?:catmad:

I bought gift cards just to order this game. I'm really happy I didn't tie up my credit

card trying to buy this game.

Or will I have to wail till the two charges are refunded before trying?

Message 6 of 14 (13,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie
EA charged $1.00 three times to my account after card kept declining. I tried the same transaction three times because I thought I was doing something wrong, because I knew i had more than enough for the purchase, how is it that I was charged 3 dollars but it declined the purchase? Seem strange! I hope it wasn't some hack or glitches in the system. I want a full refund and I'm never buying from EA again. Anyone have this particular problem?
Message 7 of 14 (11,454 Views)

@AkuaXOXO

The explanation is 4 post over your post.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/origin-charged-me-1-twice-when-I-try-to-buy-bf4-with-credit-card/m-p...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 14 (11,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the exact same thing, I was trying to buy the sims 4 and it said there was something wrong with my card every time I clicked it, then I checked my card the next day and it had charged me a $1 every time I had clicked it. what it is saying above is the if i wait a couple days i will get a refund, and then be able to buy the game, because this system is flawed and un reliable.
Message 9 of 14 (9,259 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I never actually followed through with a purchase after viewing the price and the item in my cart. I was still charged $1 three times on the one day! This is absolutely stealing and no-doubt our money is being used during those 5-7 days to make themselves richer. 

I will NEVER purchase or even consider purchasing another * EA game again. Never had this $1 * before with any other company. It's absolute and complete *.

Refund us immediately and STOP STEALING OUR MONEY.

Message 10 of 14 (7,065 Views)