origin and sleep mode

by bassfisher6522

Original Post

Re: origin and sleep mode

★ Novice

The issue is that the Origin Client web renderer is holding open an audio stream, for some reason. Quitting the client clears this and sleep/hibernate can proceed as usual.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_1458A0B2&REV_1000\4&1c3e785f&0&0001)
An audio stream is currently in use.

AWAYMODE:
None.

EXECUTION:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

Message 11 of 14 (519 Views)

★ Novice
The issue is the origin app itself. After doing some t-shooting, I noticed that the app keeps the sound driver busy so it will not go to sleep (Ie in admin mode on PowerShell or cmd.exe run powercfg -requests). That command tells you what is preventing your pc from sleeping. When I run it it shows my sound driver is being kept busy. By process of elimination I started closing apps to see what was causing it and it was origin.

Had a similar issue with another app.

Not sure what origin can do to fix the issue been going on well over a month.
Message 12 of 14 (493 Views)

★ Novice

Glad to see we're almost two years in and this is STILL AN ISSUE.

Holy cow.

Here's the MSDN docs on power management under windows. Maybe get an intern to fix your broken garbage?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/power/power-management-portal

Message 13 of 14 (353 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This has been an issue for 4 years, and EA just refuses to do anything about it.  Wasting power on millions of PCs for no real reason.  @EA_Nils Why won't you all even acknowledge this issue.

Message 14 of 14 (235 Views)