origin BSOD during updates.....

by oppresedAMERICAN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin BSOD during updates.....

[ Edited ]

I AM ABLE  to do anything on my computer and not have an error, crash or bsod. If I turn on Origin... like I have done to update the game

after reinstalling windows. I am getting a blue screen with just origin client running.

My Question is: Was there an Origin "CLIENT UPDATE" at the same time Second Assault was released to the Non-Premium members?

Was this the Bf4 Update that also hapened on 3/6? If so..I suspect my direct x error  ...."devicehung".....is related to origin. I have noticed Origin Client requires all 6 cores of my cpu to be enabled.

P.S.:

Why would origin client require so much computer processing. *(I tested it. I shut down cores manually. Then re-ran game. Then origin proceeded to crash, therefore crashing battle log, my browser and bf4. All simultaneously..  

PLEASE FIGURE IT OUT GUYS!

evga x79 dark w/ i74930k extreme (air cooled: phantek 6-pipe copper), gpu: evga 3Gb. 580gtx classified,

16 gigs 4-chan hyperx beast 2400mhz., psu:1000w gaming series, h.d.:ocz revodrive (w/2 sub ssd)

UPDATE: CORRECTED MY ISSUE:

dx error and high paced nvidia card  repaired! 

..smallstory.....

Just after Second Assault released to Premium Customers I only had small issues with game @ 8 gigs of ram ( 2sticks of 4 gigs ) I can add ram and up the mhz through evga dark79 bios. So i did. I went from 2 sticks of 4 gigs at like 1333mhz (auto)>>>>>to>>>>4 sticks (correctly placed and configured) running at 2400 mhz.....(xmp profile)

^^^^^

That was my issue..everything ran fine until the patch

The Patch came out for the game, while simultaneously, Second Assult was released to the general BF4  DLc.

^^^^^^^^^^^

That was when all my issues started. I went through about 50 errors (blue screens..., constant direct x errors, computer just restarts. .) To the point i actually dumped windows because it had errored so many tmes. And my memory all tested good. . WINDOWS<<<<____WAS UN REPAIRABLE.

anywho......

i JUST REMOVED THE TWO EXTRA STICKS OF RAM......

*****reset the bios back to auto run my memory (turning off xmp profile for running at quad channel  of 2400 mhrz.) ....REBOOTED.

Bamb...the game runs at normal stress of card on high settings and very well on ultra......

NOT ONE ERROR, SHUTDOWN,,,NOT ONE BLACK OR BLUE SCREEN...3 HRS STRAIGHT....NO DIRECTX ANYTHING..

16 GIGS OF RAM IS NOT GOOD FOR THIS GAME I GUESS. OR MAYBE ITS THE 4 STICKS OF RAM....IT ALSO , FOR ME, COULD HAVE BEEN THE QUAD CHANNEL. OR THE XMP PROFILE IDONT KNOW.

BUT IT RUNS LIKE BUTTER.

Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin BSOD during updates.....

Updated...pass it on....

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (274 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Please check for any windows updates, and/or run System File Checker: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

If you're getting card crashes, I'd also try fully refreshing its drivers, removing them completely and re-adding a fresh set.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (266 Views)

Updated...pass it on....

Message 3 of 3 (275 Views)