Re: old email address on account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

old email address on account

★★ Novice

so I loaded up BF V, and its saying I cant play online until I update my email address, and it says its sending a reset link to a 12 year old email address. however, EA.com has all my current info including current email address. first things first, there is no way to get access to that old email address. it is unrecoverable. I contacted your customer service, they asked me several questions that only have one answer. however, they asked me what was the last game I purchased, and if not purchased through EA.com, what was the last game I played online using my EA account. not do I have no idea what that was, there is no way for me to find it. so now they say something in the info I gave them was wrong but wont tell me what it was so that I can see where I was mistaken. they wouldn't transfer me to anyone and the only way to proceed is to get the correct info and get back to them even though they wont tell me what info was wrong. how is this security? I can go into my EA.com account right now and access all the information in there, adding or changing whatever. but a game that I bought through my console is unplayable. how can there be no other way to verify information? I mean at this point I can cancel my EA access account I bought, and can never purchase another EA online game.

Message 1 of 8 (886 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @greenlantern420  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

If you are unable to verify that you are the account holder then our team will be unable to assist you in gaining access to our making any changes to an account.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (849 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hi @greenlantern420

Unfortunately if you can't verify your details then there is no other way to access your account or change details unless you can access your old email address.

Due to security they are not going to give you information about the account, they can only question you and use the info you give them to match it up and verify.
Message 2 of 8 (868 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @greenlantern420  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

If you are unable to verify that you are the account holder then our team will be unable to assist you in gaining access to our making any changes to an account.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (850 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah i did that. they were no help at all. this whole thing is stupid. I'm done with EA

Message 4 of 8 (832 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @greenlantern420 but if you are unable to verify account ownership our team will not be able to make any changes.

We take account security very seriously and can only make account changes when the account owner has verified ownership.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (830 Views)

★★ Novice

it's not security. i have full access to my EA account. they aren't securing anything. i just can't play games online. i can go to EA.com and change any payment info i want. this security is bs. it's so outdated that i have to log into an EA account just to play online. i don't buy games through EA, i don't need to track any stats through EA. this * is stupid. and so now there's no reason to buy EA anymore. 

Message 6 of 8 (829 Views)

★★ Novice

i don't need them to tell me details, but if they want to know what the last EA game i played online was, i have no clue and therefore they won't help me. even though i can verify any actual information pertaining to my account. 

Message 7 of 8 (827 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @greenlantern420 if you are unable to verify account ownership then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing more that we can do to assist.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, please direct any account-related issues to our live support team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (812 Views)