no digital product code

by giraffey2008

Original Post

no digital product code

★★ Novice

Hi, I bought the sims 4 last night and i got an email but it had no product code only and order number and i have tried that too. I don't know if i got a CD or a digital copy but nothing works. Im so stressed out.

Can someone please help, giraffey

Message 1 of 14 (894 Views)

Re: no digital product code

[ Edited ]

@giraffey2008  If you ordered the game from Origin, you got a digital copy, and it will appear in your Origin library as soon as the payment goes through.  You don't need a product code, since Origin will validate your ownership as soon as you sign into your account.  But if you're wondering, you can see the code by right-clicking on the Sims 4 icon in your library and selecting "game properties."

If Origin isn't showing the game yet, clear its cache (Windows) or run the Origin reset tool (macOS).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

And you can always contact your bank to see whether payment has been processed yet.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (880 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, I have tried looking at the game properties and it does make me have a product code, I've tried everything. However thank you for responding.

Giraffey

Message 3 of 14 (863 Views)

@giraffey2008  Please let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS, and which version.  Can you download the game, or does it not show in Origin?  Do you get any error messages?  There are several places the process could go wrong.

Message 4 of 14 (829 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @giraffey2008 if you are being asked for a product code when installing or downloading the game then can you go ahead and open your My Game Library and right-click on the game tile. From here select Properties and in the window that opens you should see the product code which you can copy and paste when requested to.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 14 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried right clicking, it does not work. I have not gotten any error emails and I use a MacBook Pro. Now it doesn't even show in my game library, even though I payed 10 dollars for it. I'm very frustrated and disappointed.Im stuck with sims mobile.

Message 6 of 14 (757 Views)

@giraffey2008  What version of macOS do you have?  If you're not sure, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.

Message 7 of 14 (741 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, I just did that and It says I have an OS X. What does that mean, i'm not good with laptops

Message 8 of 14 (650 Views)

@giraffey2008  I need the part after the X, as in OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite), or whatever it happens to say.

You could also take a screenshot of the window: click command-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the part of the screen you want to capture.  (Be sure to crop out your serial number.)  The file will land on your desktop, and you can attach it to a post here.

Message 9 of 14 (641 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, It says Yosemite and under that it says 10.10.5.

Message 10 of 14 (566 Views)