no 'LocalContent' file in Origin cache

by Fawnkinq

Original Post

no 'LocalContent' file in Origin cache

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

Have been trying to install and run Origin for a few hours now, using windows 7 operating system.  Have manged to install it (after many failed attempts) , but cannot successfully load it. Run Origin as admin, it starts up but then is blank white and crashes if you click on the window. 

Have been googling the problem and trying a long list of different solutions to fix it (run as admin, clean boot, uninstall and reinstall, run in vista and xp compatibility modes/updating windows, updating java, running SFC) and I'm currently trying to wipe the cache. All the tutorials for how to delete the cache say to delete everything but the  'ProgramData/Origin/LocalContent' folder, but I don't actually have this folder in ProgramData/Origin to start with. Is this an important folder/could not having it be the reason Origin is not working? 

Any help would be hugely appreciated, really at a loss of what to do and just want to play my games. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4 (5,091 Views)

Re: no 'LocalContent' file in Origin cache

EA DICE Team

@Fawnkinq

You will only have a LocalContent folder if you have content installed on your system, and Origin has verified it. This means that you don't have to worry about not having this folder.

I would instead recommend to take a look at our Origin section in our Complete Support - Origin thread.

Message 2 of 4 (5,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do I get content installed on my computer
Message 3 of 4 (4,679 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having a similar issue and it does involve with downloading The Sims 4 and it's packs. How is this solved?

Message 4 of 4 (2,050 Views)