new look origin beta

by Runky1000

Original Post

Re: new look origin beta

★★★★★ Expert

To all.

The beta is still an optional choice and is not in full release yet. If you what to go back to the old version, please press "Application settings" in the bottom below your username in the Origin beta and then in the settings under "Client Updates" turn off origin beta participation. Do this first before uninstalling Origin to prevent an accidental origin beta download when you re-download it from the old site.

Once you have done this, please delete Origin completely from your PC and then go here: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/download and download and then install the old client. Once installed you should be set to go and if you what to go back to the beta, just reactivate the beta participation.

Do keep in mind for the Origin beta client. This is just a first look at it and stuff are still being changed. When it goes to full version it will not look 100% the same as it does now so stay tuned for updates. Of course any feedback you have can be sent to the origin team by pressing the feedback button located on the left side of the client. 

Message 11 of 28 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

How can it be an optional choice when my client just updated to det new beta version ???

And no Beta was not turned on for me

Message 12 of 28 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice

@XXXO77O4906 wrote:
...beta is still an optional choice and is not in full release yet...

Have you read posts in this thread or are you just randomly copypasting useless articles from help pages?

Nobody here asked for Beta participation. Obviously the Beta went live already. Just all the beta labels weren't removed from it. That's why people were under impression they were unwillingly pulled into Beta program.

The labels were removed now. Client is still ugly. Case closed.

Message 13 of 28 (944 Views)

Sizing DOES matter!

★ Apprentice

I'm running Windows 10 in UHD (3840x2160) resolution on a 28" monitor where the display settings are already scaled up at 150%.  Who the * at EA came up with the utterly brain dead idea to scale up Origin's font size, menu items and other UI elements (including the right-click menu in the tray icon!) EVEN MORE than necessary?  Selecting "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" on a shortcut for Origin does NOT fix any of this, but it DOES result in a notification message about running in Windows Compatibility Mode... in an absurdly over-scaled message window!  As if all of THAT weren't bad enough, I'm further compelled to ask, who the * at EA came up with the OTHER utterly brain dead idea to prevent Origin's windowed mode from being resized to any smaller than over 25% of the screen resolution?  This means, even at its smallest size, it's still bigger than a Blu-ray movie at full resolution!  And unless I've totally missed some sort of size settings options, Origin can't truly be resized to MY liking on MY computer!  Kindly fix these ludicrous UI changes that I don't recall anyone asking for and reeks of idiots at Microsoft that didn't do any usability testing when they made Windows 8.x!

Message 14 of 28 (530 Views)

How can I change the look back to what it was?

★★★ Newbie

The new UI is absolutely HORRIBLE. Whoever signed off on the new look should be fired immediately & never allowed to make decisions for anything or anyone ever again.

Message 15 of 28 (518 Views)

Betreff: Sizing DOES matter!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Message 16 of 28 (513 Views)

Betreff: Sizing DOES matter!

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the workaround that at least deals with some of the UI's shortcomings.  Too bad it had to be concocted because of some brain dead people at EA.

Message 17 of 28 (499 Views)

★ Apprentice

If changing the zoom to 75% still isn't enough, here's a workaround that was posted:  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/DPI-ISSUES-HERE-IS-A-WORKAROUND-to-get-the-correct-origin-client/m-p...

And I'm another person that opted out of beta participation to avoid the kinds of idiotic messes we're dealing with now.  I'm declaring this v10 beta a failure, how about everyone else?

Message 18 of 28 (498 Views)

Re: How can I change the look back to what it was?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @wsly046cqaicxj

This is how it's going to be. So there's no choice to go back to the old.

Maybe you could give some feedback, what exactly you don't like about the UI ? What could be adjusted ?

I've merged your post with exiting feedback on the UI

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 28 (496 Views)

Re: How can I change the look back to what it was?

★★★★ Apprentice

Farewell EA not gonna put op with that crappy new Origin Client

Message 20 of 28 (469 Views)