new look origin beta

by Runky1000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

new look origin beta

★★★ Novice

please can someone please tell me why I have been forced to have this cruddy looking beta when I've opted out in my settings??? 

Message 1 of 28 (944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: new look origin beta

★★★ Novice

@XXXO77O4906 wrote:
...beta is still an optional choice and is not in full release yet...

Have you read posts in this thread or are you just randomly copypasting useless articles from help pages?

Nobody here asked for Beta participation. Obviously the Beta went live already. Just all the beta labels weren't removed from it. That's why people were under impression they were unwillingly pulled into Beta program.

The labels were removed now. Client is still ugly. Case closed.

View in thread

Message 13 of 28 (904 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

same.  it looks awful, it seems like it completely ignores my native resolution as not only it looks pixelated, but the general sizing of everything is completely off (in not full screen mode, I don't even see "close window" cross).  i cannot manually adjust the size of the screen and why the hell is it suddenly anchored to the corner of my screen without me being able to move it?

and yes i have opted out of beta.  I even double checked my settings before uninstalling to reinstall as per instructions that said if you don't want beta, uninstall, reinstall and select opt out in settings... which I have actualy opted out of already.

what... is going on?

and btw?  because it bears repeating.  new UI?  looks HORRIBLE.  old UI was fine, it was easy to navigate and it looked nice and clean.  new UI looks like a student designed it during their very first class.

Message 2 of 28 (929 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agreed, it's big and it's ugly!

Message 3 of 28 (919 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, did the reinstall help? I was in Battlefield beta, but never asked for Origin beta... Did they hid some bs in Battlefield's Open Beta EULA or something!?

Message 4 of 28 (897 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also, to make the client look at least a bit sane, go to View > Zoom > 75%. Seems like some EA's market research revealed that majority of gamers are blind grampas.

Message 5 of 28 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

What I don't understand, is if the UI is still in BETA why force it down the Stable channel?

I was never subscribed to the BETA channel and just got the UI update with BETA written everywhere.

Message 6 of 28 (865 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@botyplnypisku wrote:

Hi, did the reinstall help? I was in Battlefield beta, but never asked for Origin beta... Did they hid some bs in Battlefield's Open Beta EULA or something!?

I haven't really tried yet.  but.. I was never in Battlefield beta and was opted out of origin beta and still got involuntarily upgraded :/

though changing zoom to 75% made it more bearable (thank you for that suggestion), it still looks like a bloody mess :/

Message 7 of 28 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Damn i wan't the old origin back this looks like winpoob 10

Message 8 of 28 (820 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah the new look is pants for sure but the windows 10 connection? I don't see it!! I loved 7 and I really like 10!! It's far better than 8 n 8.1!

Origin ea is it too much to ask to have the old look back? After all I did opt out in my settings!!!!
Message 9 of 28 (754 Views)

★ Guide

agree with everything said,  the new client is horrible, not just in design but in stability/function aswell Frown

BLAH !  give us back origin 9 or add some legacy-mode , PLEASE :D

Message 10 of 28 (729 Views)