Re: my sims 4 is broken

by zatibka

Original Post

my sims 4 is broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

When i log on today to go play sims 4, I gone and downloaded the christmas pack and then to go play sims4 but then it would not let me play and I was just playing it fine yesterday and i have tha limited edition, so please just fix it thanks.

Message 1 of 12 (7,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 is stuck on a Download screen and not moving at all are you having the same issues ? It is not allowing the game to start at all.

Message 2 of 12 (7,081 Views)

★ Novice

i went into Task manager to see the status of my game and why it wasnt opening past the title screen an it says "Not responding". idk what is going on

Message 3 of 12 (7,051 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I clicked the "check for updates" button but nothing happend ... With Simcity it worked. Also you can't repair the game, other games you can repair.

Message 4 of 12 (7,042 Views)

★ Novice

UPDATE: turns out if you go into Origin library and rightclick on the game, there is an option to "Repair Game". i clicked it and now it works...but i still have that twins glitch, which isnt nearly as annoying as the game just not opening

Message 5 of 12 (7,000 Views)

★★ Novice

me to

Message 6 of 12 (6,264 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@geezerstray

Me too? this thread is more than 3 years old, pleas estate your problem clearly if you want help! Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (6,260 Views)

★★ Novice

My sims 4 doesn't even work.... I had to delete almost 237 mods and cc files for the game to run properly. I been trying to get it to work for nearly 4 hours and I don't know what is up.

My game will load then sit at this loading screen  for 15 minutes until I open task manager and it's doesn't response... Now when i open the game with  some of my cc and it loads to this then closes and crashes.. I pretty much gave up with the game at this point. I'm not used to using the base game without my mods and cc.maxresdefault.jpg

Message 8 of 12 (5,779 Views)

★★★ Guide

@thekennedy6 The loading issue your explaining is a very common issue for mod users.  If your getting stuck or if the game crashes after seeing the screen in your screen shot it means something is not loading properly from your Documents>ElectronicArts>Sims 4 folder.

My recommendation is to open your Documents>ElectronicArts>Sims 4 folder   find both your [Saves] and [Mods] folders and drag them out onto your desktop.  Once they are no longer in the sims 4 folder. press the back button to where you can see the sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder then Delete the sims 4 folder.  Don't worry the sims 4 folder will re wright itself after you try to launch sims 4 again.

Go ahead and launch sims 4 to see if it gets past that screen to the one where you can start a new game.  If you do get there go ahead and exit the game. and go back to the newly created Documents>ElectronicArts>Sims 4 folder

Move the saves and mods from your desktop back in replacing the new Saves and mods folders.

Try starting the game up again.
1) if the game starts fine and everything works Jump up in the air and celebrate as its now fixed

2) if the game crashes or freezes up on that screen again, then sadly you have an out of date or corrupted mod that will need to be removed before you can play again.

Message 9 of 12 (5,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is one issue i have been having for months now and its pretty annoying, when i play the game like the graphics of windows, carpets, tv screens, etc. are always looking like there are some weird things on them. I Dont want to delete my mods folder because last time i did it i lost all of my game and i couldn't get it back. I Know it may be something with a mod in the game itself but i dont know which since i have alot of them installed.

Message 10 of 12 (5,056 Views)