Re: my sims 4 game wont load??

by simslover0411

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims 4 game wont load??

★★ Novice

I have this problem and I really don't know what to do. So I haven't been able to play my game for a while now because every time I open it, it stays stuck on the intro screen where it has the plumbob and The Sims 4. the theme songs keeps playing and all but it doesn't move from there. I got rid of a ton of CC and yet it still happens. I even tried reinstalling it and it still acts like this. its really getting on my nerves and have no idea what to do at this point

Message 1 of 7 (577 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

@simslover0411

You said that you tried to uninstall the custom content, have you tried to ditch all of it? I would suggest uninstalling all custom content, then the game itself and Origin. Also, clean your registry before you install the Origin and game again - http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

Hope this helps Confusedmileywink:

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (548 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I found the only thing that helped me was uninstalling the sims and origin then reinstall them, ive had a few problems with the sims in the past and doing this does seem to help me, goodluck.

Message 2 of 7 (533 Views)

★★ Guide

@simslover0411

You said that you tried to uninstall the custom content, have you tried to ditch all of it? I would suggest uninstalling all custom content, then the game itself and Origin. Also, clean your registry before you install the Origin and game again - http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

Hope this helps Confusedmileywink:

Message 3 of 7 (549 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

smtrax01

yeah I was gonna do that but it didnt add up that the whole thing was causing my game to not work so it took me forever to find what was causing it but I found it and it works now. so your answer was almost the same thing. thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@simslover0411

I'm glad that my advice helped Confusedmileyhappy:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to help you to solve you problem - please accept a solution, XP is very appreciated also
If your problem wasn't solved and no one has gotten back to you - please either post again (or bump up your problem) or contact EA.

Message 5 of 7 (459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I uninstalled sims 4 and origin and reinstalled them but it still gets stuck on the loading screen. Did you do something else besides that?

Message 6 of 7 (328 Views)

EA DICE Team

@diloling

Have you removed custom content as detailed above?

Message 7 of 7 (309 Views)