Re: my pc got virus from origin

by JLM1200

Original Post

my pc got virus from origin

★★★ Newbie

I recently (5-10)min ago before writing this) downloaded origin to another computer and logged in when i look to my hardware i saw it was 99% full i downloaded origin beforemany time and this is first time this hapens

Message 1 of 4 (4,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also i am sure it is origin because it was just okay just before i download it and stayed that way i ununistal it 

TY

Message 2 of 4 (4,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Good evening @banato123

@banato123 wrote:

I recently (5-10)min ago before writing this) downloaded origin to another computer and logged in when i look to my hardware i saw it was 99% full i downloaded origin beforemany time and this is first time this hapens

EA would have nothing to gain and everything to lose from spreading malware. Basically they just wouldn't bother. There is simply no logic in it.

I would strongly suggest to follow your antivirus software's advice and nuke this file. As other parts of your system may be infected, make sure to run a deep scan and remove any other files reported as affected.

If you want to play it safe, you might want to consider wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the system from scratch.

As for Origin itself, please ensure to always install it from our https://www.origin.com/download webpage.

Message 3 of 4 (4,119 Views)

★ Novice

I don't believe anyone is advocating that EA/Origin intentionally added virus.  This would be a really stupid move, since customers need to rely on EA's integrity.  All I know is that I also had the virus and still haven't heard anything from EA/Origin about how to fix the problem.  Who knows, it may really be intentional!!!

Message 4 of 4 (3,822 Views)