Re: my computer wont download origin says i have errors.. help

by Bebelabons

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my computer wont download origin says i have errors.. help

★ Novice

My computer says ' whoops - the installer encountered an error   
sorry, your machine isn't able to run origin because it doesn't meet our hardware specifications. For more information please check our INSTALL ORIGIN help article.'  then when I click on the ' INSTALL ORIGIN' article thing it says that the website is not working... help I just want to play sims.

Message 1 of 8 (618 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@Gigakoops Your graphics card drivers are quite old. Check with Dell to see if there is an update for your computer.

@Bebelabons We need your DXDIAG report. Not a system log file to see if you need updates or not.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (478 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Please Post your DXDIAG report.

We can look at it and see what updates you need to get so that Origin can install and run properly.

Message 2 of 8 (600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am having this same issue, only after the most recent update; Origin was working just fine beforehand. I am well within the specs specified on the download page (Duel-core 2.20Ghz CPU, 2GB RAM). I'll include my DXDiag document with this. I'd really appreciate any help I can get with this!

Message 3 of 8 (537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please can you help,  my ORIGIN won't load properly. 

Message 4 of 8 (527 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Gigakoops Your graphics card drivers are quite old. Check with Dell to see if there is an update for your computer.

@Bebelabons We need your DXDIAG report. Not a system log file to see if you need updates or not.

Message 5 of 8 (479 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK FIXED THE ISSUE... HERE IS THE SOLUTION!

1. Make sure you disable your Anti-Virus Software... shields and everything!  Comodo's Sand-Box screws with EVERYTHING!
    A) Make sure your PC is 100% Up to date with Windows!

B) Make sure you disable your SSD Acceleration through (Intel Rapid Storage) Software, IF you have SSD acceleration or RAID-0 configuration! <--- THIS STEP IS SUPER IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE ACCELERATED SSD-CACHE INSTALLED ON YOUR PC. (Origin is not sophisticated enough to recognize a RAID-0 configuration). 

C) Make sure you take snapshots of all your NVIDIA settings before you re-install the driver, so you can save time after the install and get back to GAMING! :D

2. Completely Remove your current Driver from your computer using the NVIDIA's Uninstaller with "SAFE MODE" feature:  http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=592

3. Reboot, then install the GeForce Experience... (You can download and keep this in your downloads to make this process quick),

4. Re-Install the NEWEST driver from NVIDIA through GeForce Experience!

5. Re-Install Origin Client! (Installs Beautifully)

6. Run your cleanup software to make sure your registery is all good

7. Enjoy Yourself! :P

It's sad that EA doesn't have the brainpower to figure this out... gamers have to dedicate their own time to do it for EA.  I should get BATLEFIELD-1 PREMIUM FOR FREE!!! >:O

Message 6 of 8 (444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if I can run dxdiag report because I have origin on mac not PC.@DarkAmaranth1966

Message 7 of 8 (370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure I can run a DXDAIG report because I have origin on Mac.@DarkAmaranth1966

Message 8 of 8 (365 Views)