How do I fix origin not able to find MSCVP140?

by V1CT0R1021

Original Post

Accepted Solution

msvcp120.dll , msvcp140.dll , api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing

★★★ Newbie

Hello all,

I really need some help.

I installed Origin on my laptop(Windows 8.1) , and it started to give me errors. First, it said: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing, then i started reading here, the solutions was, to repair from origin's folder the visual c++ files. It didn't work, then i uninstall all the c++ even 2010, and reinstall 2010 and 2015. Then it started to say error: msvcp140.dll is missing and the solution was the same for this. SO I TRIED IT AGAIN. Still nothing happen. Then now the error is : msvcp120.dll .

Can somebody give me some tips how to fix this? I really just want to run origin after 2 hours of reading solutions. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: msvcp120.dll , msvcp140.dll , api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing

Community Manager

Hey @Skito22 the issues you are seeing are a result of an issue in relation to the installation of VC++.

It should be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Can you ensure that you are installing it as an administrator.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (429 Views)

All Replies

Re: msvcp120.dll , msvcp140.dll , api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing

Community Manager

Hey @Skito22 the issues you are seeing are a result of an issue in relation to the installation of VC++.

It should be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Can you ensure that you are installing it as an administrator.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)
Highlighted

How do I fix origin not able to find MSCVP140?

★★ Newbie

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the origin's and it keeps on saying that it can't find MSCVP 140.

Message 3 of 3 (448 Views)