Re: modifying configuration file location

by GhostDaksha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

modifying configuration file location

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, by default the game config file saves at documents folder. is there any way to change that ?

Message 1 of 5 (732 Views)

Accepted Solution

@GhostDaksha  It should, yes.  What might also work, if you want to keep your current setup, is disable ransomware protection, create the symbolic link, and then reenable protection.  Because the game won't be modifying the symlink, just going through it to access your user folder elsewhere, your antivirus will probably not object, although there's still a chance if it's blocking read access as well as everything else.  In that case, you can try adding an exception for the game .exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (692 Views)

All Replies

@GhostDaksha  I don't know what game you're playing, but it doesn't really matter.  If that game is programmed to look for the config file in Documents > [user folder], there's no way to force it to look anywhere else instead.  The best you can do, if you really want the data elsewhere, is use a symbolic link to redirect the game's user folder to a different location on your computer.

Message 2 of 5 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict the document are my protected folder under ransomware and I am unable to remove that from protected folder. however I tried to link that is also not working
if I remove that from protected folder then it will work
Message 3 of 5 (700 Views)

@GhostDaksha  It should, yes.  What might also work, if you want to keep your current setup, is disable ransomware protection, create the symbolic link, and then reenable protection.  Because the game won't be modifying the symlink, just going through it to access your user folder elsewhere, your antivirus will probably not object, although there's still a chance if it's blocking read access as well as everything else.  In that case, you can try adding an exception for the game .exe.

Message 4 of 5 (693 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

okay thanks Puzzleadict the problem is solve now.

I just add whole execution file in exception.

Microsoft really needs to fix up the controlled folder acess setting 

Message 5 of 5 (672 Views)