missing games on origin

by danadisasterr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

missing games on origin

★★★ Newbie

So about two hours ago I bought the sims 3 island paradise expansion off of origin.  The game shows up in my order history, I was charged for the game and it told me it was ready to install. But it doesn't show up in the My Games section.  Its not hidden, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, I refreshed the window, I logged out and logged back in, and I tried contacting the help center for OVER AN HOUR and even sent them an email and this problem still isn't solved.  So quick to take my money but not so quick to give me the game I paid for.  Please help if anyone else has had this problem.

Message 1 of 3 (164 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing download from origin

★★★★★ Expert

You have NOT bought a "Game" at all.  Expansions do not appear by themselves as an entry in the Origin Client's "My Games" playing library folder, only inside of the PARENT game that they are added into. 

If you skipped buying a base game, there is nowhere for a matching expansion to show up! 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (161 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

You have NOT bought a "Game" at all.  Expansions do not appear by themselves as an entry in the Origin Client's "My Games" playing library folder, only inside of the PARENT game that they are added into. 

If you skipped buying a base game, there is nowhere for a matching expansion to show up! 

Message 2 of 3 (162 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@danadisasterr 

The answer to your question was the solution to your problem. 

Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)