Re: microcontent purchases

by kaatharinaaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

microcontent purchases

★★★ Novice

Hi, I was trying to preorder The Sims 4 Island Living when I was told that I could not buy it because it's over my monthly microcontent purchase limit. I was not aware this was a thing and I would like to know more about this. I would also like to increase that limit so I can preorder the new expansion. 

Message 1 of 24 (13,055 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

What I did was change my birthday so my account is an "Adult account." Then go to settings, then player controls. You should then be able to set both budgets to "unlimited." Worked perfectly for me. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 24 (12,819 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Brookey066 

It seems that you account has the control spending option activated. This setting can be changed by from adult's account. You can read more about it here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-player-controls

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 24 (12,984 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am not in a household and it still gave me a spending limit. How can I fix this? I am extremely frustrated as I was very excited to play the new expansion pack.

Message 3 of 24 (12,849 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Brookey066 I am having the same issue. Its very frustrating, because Island Living is an expansion, and should not be categorized under "microcontent" according to EA themselves. I am also not in a "Household" because who's parents have EA accounts?? This company wants nothing more than our money, but when we try to pay them, they say no.
Message 4 of 24 (12,827 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What I did was change my birthday so my account is an "Adult account." Then go to settings, then player controls. You should then be able to set both budgets to "unlimited." Worked perfectly for me. 

Message 5 of 24 (12,820 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! It looks like it's caused by having an account registered as an age under 18. If your account is over this age, you can edit it in your "EA Account and Billing" settings, under "Player Controls". There should be an edit button next to Spend Limits.

Message 6 of 24 (12,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you change your birthday though?? it wont let me

Message 7 of 24 (11,820 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ThatEeveeKid Theres no edit button
Message 8 of 24 (11,816 Views)

spend limit sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to buy a bundle of sims 4 games and every time I try to purchase them it says it exceeds my monthly microcontent spending limit, except my account is an adult account and I don't have a spending limit, please help, I really want to purchase island living Frown

Message 9 of 24 (10,625 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @ettaj564 

You're right. Expansion packs for The Sims 4 should be classified as "Expansion purchase". Our team is aware and is currently working on a solution.

Hey @kaatharinaaa 

It is not possible to "age up" an underage account by changing the date of birth set there - this option won't be available. You can, however, contact our live support at EA Help if you accidentally created an underage account. Our advisers might be able to help you out.

/Ataashi

Message 10 of 24 (10,975 Views)