Re: mass effect 3 online

by phalaceface

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect 3 online

★★★ Newbie

I hadn't played this game for several months.  Prior to not playing the game for those months, I had accumulated nearly every character available and acquired nearly every upgrade available.  Then, my computer, running Windows 10 upgrade (from Windows 8.1)  took a dump.  I eventually reset my computer.  Voila!  I recently started the game -- after several months hiatus.  When I did so, I discovered that all of my progress -- all of it -- was gone.  Offline, I wasn't concerned about.  It is the online aspects of the game I am most concerned about.  It is as if I am playing the game for the first time.  WTH happened to all of my upgrades, perks, etcetera?  How do I restore/get back?

Message 1 of 4 (354 Views)

Accepted Solution

@phalaceface

Are you using the exact same account you used on the old machine?

If so you need to contact EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top left corner.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (347 Views)

All Replies

@phalaceface

Are you using the exact same account you used on the old machine?

If so you need to contact EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top left corner.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 4 (348 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, it is the same machine, I merely reset the machine -- how it's referred to in Windows 10 (Individual files were to have been preserved but not all were.  I had to re-install all programs and adjust all preferences as if I had just purchased a new machine or upgraded to a new OS).  Yes, same, exact, account.

First, thank you for the link to EA support.  The issue is apparently, mostly, if not completely, resolved.  In addition to apparent syncing issues, but in my guess more likely free downloadable content I had not yet downloaded.  Since downloading and installing the free downloadable content from the Origin client it would appear that all multiplayer progress has been restored to the point I had last played the game in online multiplayer mode some months ago prior to my computer being reset.  The only caveat is that my single player campaign progress may be altered -- not a big deal as a good restart from the beginning in single player is a good thing.

So, thanks to Holger1405 for the link and to EA support for helping me figure this out!

Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

@phalaceface

You're welcome, and thanks for the XP.

Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)