make games avalible for linux

by Reaper12275

Original Post

Accepted Solution

make games avalible for linux

★★★★★ Novice

People wants your games to come on linux users as well instead of windows because Linux is now future gaming. not many people uses windows anymore. so why wont you team up with steam to make your games available for Linux on ProtonDB to get the global to join your games and purchase what they always wanted to play?

Message 1 of 5 (804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: make games avalible for linux

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us  @Reaper12275

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (763 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us  @Reaper12275

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

so will that be possible? you still earn money for titanfall 2 when it goes on steam as well or others? @EA_Darko 

Message 3 of 5 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I agreed with you in the point for using Linux, @Reaper12275 . I am a constant Linux user. 99% of my time is in Linux. (although I doubt that they will team up with Steam ProtonDB since they are really a competitor from each other)

EA are under estimating Linux potential, and is still unwilling to enter the era of open source. While Windows has many problems, just to name a few: users' freedoms; security failures; Stability issues; forced updates & restarts; programs/installers has full permissions/authorities to the entire user's machine (even with UAC set to max - I experienced myself); design faults that created vulnerability toward virus and malware; etc. and the list goes on.

I have been stressing a lot lately and never felt it is enough, and I do not wish to make it sound like a propaganda, Linux is the future of gaming! See the potential of it (Valve: Steam saw it). Linux is a PC platform, make Origin in Linux now, EA!

Message 4 of 5 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I agreeing with these fellows. I am using Windows for very limited purposes mainly for some unwineable games and some adobe software when i really need it... Steam making so much more effort and progress in this area i would even consider to leave my Origin subscription behind and buy more games with that money which has Proton or native support. As a 60fps gamer there are no real downside anymore for using Linux, and I even seen even better fps results in some game under linux than windows. Please consider to help out us gamers.

Message 5 of 5 (517 Views)