Re: lost secret question

by Leora85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

lost secret question

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Good day , I want to change my secret question , I lost it when changed my PC. I can provide my birth date and the numbers of purchased games. my id ; peha123  [edit: removed. Please don't post personal information on public forums, thanks].

Message 1 of 2 (217 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@peha123 I removed information from your post, it's not safe to post information which could be used to hack your account on the internet. Please be aware these boards are public and populated primarily by non EA employees, they exist so people can help each other out with game and technical problems, not as a method of contacting EA support.

If you wish to change your secret questions because you have forgotten the answers, you will have to open a hacked account ticket (as the process is the same as if your account had been hacked). You can open a hacked account ticket here.

Remember to select your country using the menu in the upper left corner of the contact page. If your country is not available, we suggest you select the US or UK.

Your problem will likely require you to make contact with EA by phone for security reasons (this is true even if your country doesn't have a call centre. If this is the case, again, it's recommended you choose the US or UK).

If you don't have access to a phone or your country does not have a call centre, you can use a VOIP program such as Skype to make the call to another country (make sure you account for time differences, call centres are not open 24/7, opening hours vary by country). This will not be free, but should be cheaper than making an international call from a landline or mobile.

If you are making contact with a country you're not in, you can not choose the 'call me back' option, as they will only call phone numbers within the country they're in.

Please have any relevant information you think you might need handy in order to save time. 

Once you've changed your secret questions and answers, I suggest you look into Login Verification for extra account security. 

Good luck. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (220 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@peha123 I removed information from your post, it's not safe to post information which could be used to hack your account on the internet. Please be aware these boards are public and populated primarily by non EA employees, they exist so people can help each other out with game and technical problems, not as a method of contacting EA support.

If you wish to change your secret questions because you have forgotten the answers, you will have to open a hacked account ticket (as the process is the same as if your account had been hacked). You can open a hacked account ticket here.

Remember to select your country using the menu in the upper left corner of the contact page. If your country is not available, we suggest you select the US or UK.

Your problem will likely require you to make contact with EA by phone for security reasons (this is true even if your country doesn't have a call centre. If this is the case, again, it's recommended you choose the US or UK).

If you don't have access to a phone or your country does not have a call centre, you can use a VOIP program such as Skype to make the call to another country (make sure you account for time differences, call centres are not open 24/7, opening hours vary by country). This will not be free, but should be cheaper than making an international call from a landline or mobile.

If you are making contact with a country you're not in, you can not choose the 'call me back' option, as they will only call phone numbers within the country they're in.

Please have any relevant information you think you might need handy in order to save time. 

Once you've changed your secret questions and answers, I suggest you look into Login Verification for extra account security. 

Good luck. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (221 Views)