logged in to my origin account and all my games are gone

by kspnew

Original Post

Accepted Solution

logged in to my origin account and all my games are gone

★★★★★ Newbie

i am really getting fed up with ea you take my money and seem to think its fine to mug me and the rest of us gamers off i have payed good money for my games i have installed them and now there gone aswell as the free game you gave me for the farce that was sim city . so i cant find any fixes online so i click on simcity on my pc and it takes me to your activate game option when i put my code in it says its already in use so i guess theres no point in me trying my other games why are you doing this you do an update and i lose everything then you do nothing to fix it please fix this as i am getting very annoyed with your company. 

Message 1 of 14 (43,161 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: logged in to my origin account and all my games are gone

Hero (Retired)

1st Make sure you are logged into the account on which the game/s were registered.

There's a good chance Origin updated and you need to login again, but make sure you are logging in with the account info on which the game was regisutered.

If you're getting the "code already used" message, it means the game code has been registered.

Please make sure you have "Show: All Games" in MY GAMES selected. Have also a look at "Hidden Games" because manually hidden games will not appear in the "All Games" view.

Should you have issues with a recently bought game that is not showing up in your games list in Origin, then please take a look at this post first: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/I-bought-a-game-but-it-does-not-show-up-in-Origin/m-p/54908#M951

Your game should show up in the "My Games" folder of the Origin account you used to enter the code. If your game isn't there, you're either logged into the wrong account or the game hasn't been activated yet. It can take a while. If it doesn't show up you'll need to contact a Game Advisor.

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (45,648 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

1st Make sure you are logged into the account on which the game/s were registered.

There's a good chance Origin updated and you need to login again, but make sure you are logging in with the account info on which the game was regisutered.

If you're getting the "code already used" message, it means the game code has been registered.

Please make sure you have "Show: All Games" in MY GAMES selected. Have also a look at "Hidden Games" because manually hidden games will not appear in the "All Games" view.

Should you have issues with a recently bought game that is not showing up in your games list in Origin, then please take a look at this post first: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/I-bought-a-game-but-it-does-not-show-up-in-Origin/m-p/54908#M951

Your game should show up in the "My Games" folder of the Origin account you used to enter the code. If your game isn't there, you're either logged into the wrong account or the game hasn't been activated yet. It can take a while. If it doesn't show up you'll need to contact a Game Advisor.

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Message 2 of 14 (45,649 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks it worked i had to log in with my original details i am a happy bunny now 

Message 3 of 14 (43,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this exact issue. Then I realized my steam games were UPlay games, not Origin games. T_T;;

It's getting confusing these days.

Message 4 of 14 (35,392 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

:catlol::catlol:

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 14 (35,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried to go on hidden games but it wouldn't let me  i don't know what to do Disappointed

Message 6 of 14 (32,935 Views)

★ Novice

I found that if you go onto the base game and hover over it and click "I" (Information) you will find all your expansions/stuff packs

Message 7 of 14 (31,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why did I never think of doing this? All my games besides the original Sims 3 Game disappeared but of course, I hover over the "i" of Sims 3 and found my expansions and just re-downloaded them!

I will say this though, I have had past issues with EA and have tried to contact them about it, but of course, they never respond -- which is terrible customer service! It's disappointing because I am in love with a lot of EA games and it took me over a year to find this seemingly simple solution that could have easily been taken care of if a representative had gotten back to me promptly instead of ignoring my contact.

But anyway, thank you for posting about the "i"! Now I got my games back!!

Message 8 of 14 (31,164 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem right now. I'm trying for 3 day to contact an EA game advisor and no success at all. I think this is the *ies customers service i've seen until now. And i still dont understand how can all my games for wich I paid dissapear like that, and if i try to double click the shorcut on my desktop I'm asked the product code that of course when I introduce it says that the code has already been used. I would like some help and it would be nice if EA would actually care about it's customers.

Message 9 of 14 (29,755 Views)

Community Manager

@cata11111 Hi,

Are you sure that you are using the same account that you had used initially to register the game? I would suggest trying any other email addresses you might have to see whether the game is registered on that account.
If you are unable to figure out which account it might be, you will need to contact an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new 
You can find details on how to do so here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/ 

Log in with your EA Account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, "Manage my account" as Topic, select "Find missing game" and describe your issue to see all available contact options.
If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answers HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

You mentioned that you did this already, apologies that it has been such as a hassle. Please try again once more as the situation should have improved now.

Thank you,
Nils

Message 10 of 14 (29,706 Views)