Re: linking

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

linking

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have followed the procedures to add a child account. When the link form the invitation is clicked it goes to the EA account page and an eror message say the requested link is not to the originating email. Thats not exactly quoted but it is basically saying that the account it is being linked to is the the same account the invitation was sent from. What can do to correct this? Thanks.

UPDATE: I attached a screen shot of the exact error message.

UPDATE: Does an existing child account have to created before requesting the link?

UPDATE: Okay after a long time I finally got the child accounts linked to the parent account. For those that have the same issue I did create an Origin account first for each child. Then from their account I sent an email request to join household of the parent account. From the parent's email I was able to click a link. Then log into the parent's Origin account and a request box should show up. Then confirm the request. Thanks it!

Message 1 of 4 (753 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got the issue sorted @SunnahWay and thanks for posting to share the fix.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (721 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got the issue sorted @SunnahWay and thanks for posting to share the fix.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No problem. Unfortunately it was not a complete victory. I went to my Microsoft account and change all the children's ages to 16 years old. Then for my console I still get the same error message when I try to do multiplayer on battlefront ultimate edition. I do not know what other setting to change.

Message 3 of 4 (655 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SunnahWay if the EA account is a child account then you will run into the issues that you are seeing. An underage child account cannot access the online aspects of the Battlefront games. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (623 Views)