laptop shuts down while playing sims 4

by kaisamari

Original Post

Accepted Solution

laptop shuts down while playing sims 4

★★★ Newbie

hi!

so as i said my laptop shuts down after about 30 minutes of playing sims 4. i read that it´s a common problem and that apparently my laptop heats up or smth.. i´m not going to buy a new laptop to play sims but i´d still like to play.. i do not know much anything about computers so i don´t know what to do.

is there anything i could do? change some settings ect.. ?

hoping to get some help Standard smile

ps, my laptop is lenova enhanced experience, might be important information :D

Message 1 of 4 (7,424 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: laptop shuts down while playing sims 4

Community Manager

@kaisamari HI, one thing to check for is that the air vents are clear, nothing's being blocked. This can help if you're having heat issues with a laptop overheating. 

Do the fans for your computer get louder before you get the shutdown? This indicates that the system is overheating and that the fans are working harder to keep the system cool. If this is happening, it's worth turning the game off when this happens to avoid the possibility of damage to your system. 

Another thing that may help is to restart your system with a Clean Boot befor you play? Perhaps disabling any 3rd party programs before you play will reduce the load on your system and the heat generated. 

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (9,059 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kaisamari HI, one thing to check for is that the air vents are clear, nothing's being blocked. This can help if you're having heat issues with a laptop overheating. 

Do the fans for your computer get louder before you get the shutdown? This indicates that the system is overheating and that the fans are working harder to keep the system cool. If this is happening, it's worth turning the game off when this happens to avoid the possibility of damage to your system. 

Another thing that may help is to restart your system with a Clean Boot befor you play? Perhaps disabling any 3rd party programs before you play will reduce the load on your system and the heat generated. 

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (9,060 Views)

@kaisamari

I know this problem all to good. Your laptop is overheating (this is why I don't game on laptops anymore). Buying a cooling pad and blowing out your vents with compressed air to get rid of dust can solve your problem very quickly. Wink

Message 3 of 4 (7,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem, but I find that if I keep the charger on my laptop it doesn't happen. So charge your laptop while playing even if your battery is at 100%
Message 4 of 4 (6,278 Views)