Re: is dragon age inquisition a direct x 11 game?

by Walterfryguy

Original Post

is dragon age inquisition a direct x 11 game?

★★★★ Novice

because it will not let me play, saying direct x and kicks me out. Is there anyway I can get  a refund on this, I have tried tech but no response?? I only have a direct x 10 video card and I am short on money, will be maybe a couple of months before I can get a new computer. 

Message 1 of 10 (3,036 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You don't need Direct X 11 but it is recommended. Have you already tried to delete and re-install Direct X as well as your videocard driver from your system?

You can give the game back from the first time you launched the game via Origin up to 48hours without any check from our support: http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

We might be able to help you out if you would provide some more details about your PC hardware.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 10 (3,011 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry had a hard time trying to find this, all it does when I am about to start the game it shows a black scream and a loading process and a green sun thing on the bottom as if it is going to start and then  you here a bling and error direct x. ..but I will give it a shot deleating direct x and putting it back on. Hope I do not screw anything up as I am not good at his.

Message 3 of 10 (3,004 Views)

★★★★ Novice

how do I even uninstall it? I do not see it in programs. I must have it because I can play every other game, Mass effect 3 and whatnot, except direct x 11 games.

Message 4 of 10 (3,003 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I have a amd/FX/tm 8350 8 core processer 

8 GB of ram

64 operating system

the video card is a piece of **bleep**, and I have had it for like 7 yrs now.  Gforce GTX 260

Message 5 of 10 (3,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

ok I uninstalled my driver and reinstalled it, I still have not uninstalled direct x 10. I do not know how? should I just go on the internet and download it???

It still does not work same thing Direct X error

Message 6 of 10 (2,994 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not trying to be rude or anything, but it does sound like you need a new graphics card.

As a side note, AMD just put out their omega drivers and I can use their Mantle technology instead of DirectX 11 and I have amazing results. I'm using a Radeon R9 270X2 and they are pretty decent in price.

Hope it works out for you, the game is really great.

Message 7 of 10 (2,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

why do I get error message

Message 8 of 10 (2,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

My answer was two months too late after all .

@Walterfryguy
wrote:

I have a amd/FX/tm 8350 8 core processer 

8 GB of ram

64 operating system

the video card is a piece of **bleep**, and I have had it for like 7 yrs now.  Gforce GTX 260

If anyone has a laptop with an Optimus card, the Geforce Control Panel will have to be accessed to set things up as High Performance for Inquisition. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,844 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@kaarl1 wrote:

why do I get error message

@kaarl1 

You shouldn't have piggy backed onto a long-dead corpse of a thread.  You didn't name the error message, and you didn't provide any information at all. 

How to get DxDiag and put it in a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Message 10 of 10 (2,829 Views)